game suggestion form old serria game like Conquests series

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

redmiller
Peasant Status

game suggestion form old serria game like Conquests series

#1 Post by redmiller » Thu May 28, 2009 8:18 am

i would like to see The Legend of Robin Hood: Conquests of the Longbow by Christy Marx developed and turned into .iso formate with the other game in agdi's arsenal

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: game suggestion form old serria game like Conquests series

#2 Post by Erpy » Thu May 28, 2009 8:50 am

I'm afraid that's not going to happen. We won't be starting any more new remake projects and besides...Conquests of the Longbow already has VGA artwork and an excellent story. There'd be very little to improve upon.

redmiller
Peasant Status

#3 Post by redmiller » Fri May 29, 2009 6:38 am

True, but it can be better. The graphics can be made sharper and the game could be made to work on vista instead of trying to make dosbox work. Plus your mission statment claims that your goal is to keep this genre alive along with sierra classic games. I under stand that you guys want to develop new games to make a profit for your hard work. But if you are only make brand new games why not make an Elfquest game with Richard and Windy Pini the comic has the same following as Kings quest and the Pini's have been think about making a movie or game for a long time so why not look into it if that is your companies wish. Thank you for your reply.
P.S. If you end up making an Elfquest game i will be the first of many to buy it.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Fri May 29, 2009 10:13 am

Yeah, but the same thing can be said about our own games....we can ALWAYS make them look better, there's ALWAYS a higher resolution, sharper graphics and smoother running. What stops things is the question...is it worth the continuous effort? And in the long run, it's even debatable whether the genre is done any favors by flooding it with free projects.

But anyway, CoL won't be remade. At least not by us. I think there's very few people who consider remakes of VGA-games worth the gargantuan effort.

redmiller
Peasant Status

#5 Post by redmiller » Fri May 29, 2009 1:18 pm

true. what other games are you making and what settings like sci-fi historical romance mid-evil moderen

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#6 Post by Klytos » Sun May 31, 2009 2:00 pm

If you were to hazard a guess Erpy, how many man hours went into making, say, kq2? I think it'd give people a better idea of the effort that's required to remake a game.

Hmmm, I might try and work out IA's SQ2 man hours. Might scare the shit out of me.