Random rants go here.

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Re:  Random rants go here.

#476 Post by Brainiac » Fri May 22, 2009 3:21 pm

Should the Zombie Apocalypse come, I recommend moving to Boston.

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#477 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Fri May 22, 2009 7:55 pm

Well I just read on Yahoo that some good shows are being canceled including King Of The Hill.
And I know I'm just asking to get toasted burned or even impaled for saying this but. King Of The Hill is being canceled for a spin off of Family Guy of which I hate with a passion. Man I know I'm gonna get it for saying this but King Of The Hill and The Simpsons are way better than that garbage Family Guy and I think King Of The Hill is being unappreciated just like Futurama was of which is another show that died before it's time. of course reason why I blame Family Guy is KOTH is being replaced by a spin off of Family Guy of which will probably flop anyways. Oh well just another case of corporate morons f-ing everything up.

goatmeal
Royal Servant Status

#478 Post by goatmeal » Sat May 23, 2009 12:13 am

seraphimdreamer777 wrote:Well I just read on Yahoo that some good shows are being canceled including King Of The Hill.
KOTH was actually quietly cancelled a number of times over the last couple of seasons, but FOX always brought it back.

There was talk about ABC possibly bringing it back, since they are showing Mike Judge's new cartoon next week, "The Goode Family", but I haven't heard anything more about ABC's interest in KOTH lately...

While we both enjoyed it an awful lot, my wife could never understand how it managed to stay on for so long -- 13 seasons -- because it wasn't your standard "cartoon", format-wise. Containing none of the outlandish 'wackiness' nor over-the-top 'gags' that only work in (and are quite often the hallmark of) your typical cartoon, it could have just as easily been filmed in live action and lost none of its commentary. Plot-wise, it was a simple show about the perspective of people from the vast 'flyover country', not a show about young, hip urbane-sophisticates on either US coast.

And for those two qualities alone, its passage is indeed sad and will be sorely missed...

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

Re: Random rants go here.

#479 Post by Lady Pyro » Sat May 23, 2009 6:16 am

Anyone remember watching old Beavis and Butthead cartoons, when prototype Hank Hill showed up?
I'm not a KOTH fan, and as goatmeal mentioned, am among those surprised it lasted so long. It's a bit to dry for me, but I understand completely how this could upset people.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#480 Post by Angelus3K » Sun May 24, 2009 10:36 pm

Yea I agree with both your comments there, KOTH wasn't really that special but was just a great down to earth show and I'll be sad to see it go, I am also surprised it lasted this long but at least it did and its out there for people to enjoy.

I love Simpsons, KOTH and Family Guy but I do think this Cleveland Show will flop, that being said I've not seen an episode of it yet so I could be wrong.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#481 Post by navynuke04 » Wed May 27, 2009 7:14 pm

I took a promotion within my company on Tuesday. I'm now the corporate Controls/Electrical Engineer for our company. :D

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#482 Post by Brainiac » Wed May 27, 2009 7:25 pm

Sweet. Though beware the eternal scourge of "more money, more hassles."

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#483 Post by Erpy » Wed May 27, 2009 10:52 pm

Nice. Congratulations. :)

goatmeal
Royal Servant Status

#484 Post by goatmeal » Thu May 28, 2009 12:44 am

Brainiac wrote:Sweet. Though beware the eternal scourge of "more money, more hassles."
Not to be confused with its complementary-but-crappier scourge, "less money, more hassles", which occurs more often than not -- especially in this economy...

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#485 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Thu May 28, 2009 3:21 am

Hey congrats.

If you make enough money can you send me $100 just kidding :lol

But anyways I hope you enjoy it.

thehawk
Peasant Status

#486 Post by thehawk » Thu May 28, 2009 11:30 am

1) Congratulations! to navynuke04

2) seraphimdreamer777: what sort of services do you provide for this one hundred dollars? In today's economy, one has to make informed financial decisions, and spend wisely you know

3) It is almost four thirty in the morning, I am at the job doing paperwork, and 99 Red Balloons is stuck in my head- not just any version, but the Happy Hardcore Anthems remix version; I would like to know who is responsible, and what I did to deserve it

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#487 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Thu May 28, 2009 10:21 pm

2) seraphimdreamer777: what sort of services do you provide for this one hundred dollars? In today's economy, one has to make informed financial decisions, and spend wisely you know

I shall make the first ever adventure game to be made out of hocked up cat hair balls and it will run on the windows dos litter box. It will be the most entertaining experience since the Mario games I use to draw on paper as a kid. And best of all it is in 3D. :rollin

thehawk
Peasant Status

#488 Post by thehawk » Fri May 29, 2009 8:32 am

seraphimdreamer777 wrote:

I shall make the first ever adventure game to be made out of hocked up cat hair balls and it will run on the windows dos litter box. It will be the most entertaining experience since the Mario games I use to draw on paper as a kid. And best of all it is in 3D. :rollin
Heh. Well, in that case, I (or rather, my roommate, Her Majesty the Queen Princess Cory Kitty) could very well become your next major supplier.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#489 Post by DrJones » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:37 pm

I got a Nintendo DS Lite for my birthday, and obviously first thing I tried was to install ScummVM on it so that I can play my Lucas games while I'm away from home. However, I'm having lots of troubles trying to play Monkey Island. First time, I couldn't get the sound to work because I couldn't find in the docs how could I extract the audio from my CD.
So I found a backup copy somewhere on internet that had already done that step >D but the mp3 files were too much for the poor CPU of the DS and I had too many slowdowns and stuttering to be able to play.

I then found the ScummVM DS FAQ and installed a program that converted the mp3 to wav without the size skyrocketing, but when I finally got to play the game, I discovered that all the tracks numbers were scrambled randomly. :eek
Also, one of the tracks is missing and the first and second tracks are the same. And I already deleted the mp3 files. :cry

It looks like I'll have to rip the audio myself from my CD. Can someone help me?

Edit: I just found a way to do it. Hope this time works!

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#490 Post by Brainiac » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:46 pm

Just Adventure review of Gobliins 4.

I repeat...Spikey, change that icon! :p

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#491 Post by Lady Pyro » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:42 am

Oh man, I just got my internet back after losing it like, almost three weeks ago.
Did I miss anything?

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#492 Post by Brainiac » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:17 pm

Check the LucasArts revival thread and since you've got internet on this fine Tuesday, GO PLAY THE FIRST TALES OF MONKEY ISLAND!

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#493 Post by Lady Pyro » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:01 pm

Well I was all set to order until they decided my address doesn't really exist.
Oh nevermind, I got it to work with my sister's address. No idea why.
What should I pick as my free game? I'm thinking Bone. I have all the comics, I bet the game is good.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#494 Post by Brainiac » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:57 pm

Lady Pyro wrote:Well I was all set to order until they decided my address doesn't really exist.
Oh nevermind, I got it to work with my sister's address. No idea why.
What should I pick as my free game? I'm thinking Bone. I have all the comics, I bet the game is good.
You preordered before you lost the net, I trust? If not, I don't think you get a free game anymore...though the link and information all still seems to be on the site.

Anyways, either of the Bone games are probably a good choice for any fan of the comics. After all, the titles are pretty standalone rather than having a 'season' setup like Sam and Max, Strong Bad, and Monkey Island. Just be warned that you will sit through cutscenes without the ability to skip through (unless they've fixed that recently). If you decide not to go that way, you could always get the Texas Hold `Em game (I don't know if you can get part of the CSI games for free as, despite their 5-case setup, they're basically full, self-contained games rather than episodic titles).

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#495 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:17 pm

Brainiac wrote:Check the LucasArts revival thread and since you've got internet on this fine Tuesday, GO PLAY THE FIRST TALES OF MONKEY ISLAND!
It's not out quite yet. I'm still waiting...though their website suddenly became easily accessible after it being absolutely swamped and unavailable for a couple hours.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#496 Post by Brainiac » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:41 pm

Not surprising; the same thing has happened to the Ohio State Alumni website since the football ticket drawing has been completed. Websites get smacked by the crowds when everyone and their dog wants on.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#497 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:50 pm

I'm eagerly awaiting the release, I got the strong bad game (episode one) with my pre-order bonus and really enjoyed it. Don't know if I'll get the other episodes though. Maybe if they make DoTT with the same promo I'll get episode two.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#498 Post by Lady Pyro » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:08 am

I pre-ordered but am still mulling over my free game (I do get one Brainy, I checked). I'm really leaning towards the first Bone game (as mentioned above) but unskippable cut scenes? I dunno that makes for low replay value.
I'm stoked on my Monkey Island but will have to wait until the morning to play, It's too late in Canadian hours to start now (also I have to work tomorrow. Damn job interfering with my gaming! :: shakes fist :: )

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#499 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:50 am

Here's a random rant for ya, remember in the early-mid 90s where screensavers were the must have big thing like who had the coolest screensaver!

I remember that desert island guy one being pretty cool.

Seems no one bothers with them nowadays, I certainly don't, I just switch my monitor off if I leave the room.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#500 Post by Lady Pyro » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:46 am

I had a game called 'Dogz' and the screensaver that came with that would be your virtual pet running around. I thought it was great when I was a kid!