5th Elemental Issues?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Bravo84
Peasant Status

5th Elemental Issues?

#1 Post by Bravo84 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:33 am

So I've seen numerous times it's been mentioned that by letting the 5th elemental eat you and cut you out you negate his next pizza eating session allowing you to whittle him down easier. However every single time I've done this he has an obnoxious habit of eating 2 pizzas in a row back to back with no pause. He seems to continue to go through the actions as if he still has "indigestion" however it still fills his health to full. It seems a bit unnecessary then to even bother negate one since he's gonna eat 2 anyway. Has anyone else seen this and/or have a solution? Granted the way I've been doing I wouldn't take him down anyway but I'd like to know.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: 5th Elemental Issues?

#2 Post by Erpy » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:41 am

The elemental's pizza-eating move is not random, it's done when his health is at certain fixed values. (like, say, 50 hp) So here's what happened in your case:

- PE's health reached 50...triggering the start of his pizza heal move.
- Your last attempt to escape his maw was succesful, hence this healing turn is negated.
- After this failed healing attempt, his health is still 50, so he tries the same move again.
- This move does work because cutting your way out only negates one healing turn.

This problem is easily solved...don't hang back and watch him munch pizza until he's healed. Start slashing him when he's busy conjuring up that first pizza. This is the one opportunity you can slash him multiple times without having to worry about getting punched or choked...it'd be a waste to neglect the opportunity. If you poke him even once during that first healing move, he won't go for a second one since his hp is no longer at one of the magical numbers.

Bravo84
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Bravo84 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:11 pm

Ah, makes sense. Much appreciated. I've been pondering and that started to cross my mind a bit but glad so see that verified. I'll give 'er another go. Thanks again. :D

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#4 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:33 pm

How do you initiate the fifth elemental and is it possible to beat as a thief?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:12 pm

Any class can beat it. Just avoid getting killed before it kills you.

As for how to initiate it...you need to have a certain item in your inventory and you must have had experience with at least one other elemental. (so you know what an elemental actually is) When those criteria are met, all you have to do is find the bugger.

Ajanhuiri
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Ajanhuiri » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:24 pm

Thank you for the statistic Erpy, it explains a lot. Typically, a thief can get as many as 5 hits in during a "jalapeno heal": slash + plunge-stab (Home Key then quickly PgUp Key), slash + plunge-stab (Home Key then quickly PgUp Key), stab (PgUp Key). However, this is dependent on multiple timing factors and starting right away. If a random pizza strikes your hero in standing position #1, it limits your multiple strike opportunity. Additionally, one must duck quite quickly after the fifth strike (either a single stab or slash) as there is a fist coming.

I too initially experienced the double pizza heal.

I started playing the game on my laptop, which was short a ten-key section. Suffice is to say I had to find an external keyboard. :p

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#7 Post by Erpy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:20 pm

You can always redefine the combat keys to whatever you want, so not having a numpad is not necessarily a problem.