Michael Jackson dies

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Michael Jackson dies

#1 Post by DrJones » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:10 pm

I've just heard that Michael Jackson has died some minutes ago. :eek

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

Re: Michael Jackson dies

#2 Post by Angelus3K » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:29 pm

Can't believe it!!

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

#3 Post by FatherGhostface » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:30 pm

He's not dead, so far as I can tell, he just had an accident or something...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_michael_jackson

EDIT-Or maybe he did die...huh...they made seem like he was just being hospitalized.....O.o

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#4 Post by Ghost_Rider » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:23 am

What I want to know is, why the heck did they take him to a children's hospital?

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#5 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:48 am

Ghost_Rider, those kinds of comments aren't necessary.

The passing of Michael Jackson really was unexpected news. For as long I can recall, I remember MJ's music, the awesome music videos, and his public image punctuating memorable moments from my childhood all the way through my teenage years and beyond. This man was a true icon in every sense of the word. A future world without Michael Jackson just seems so incomprehensibly... bland.

First Farrah Fawcett, and now this. What a sad day! RIP.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:16 am

That's a shame. For all his excentricy he was a genuinely talented person who made some true classics in his heyday. It's a shame his life went downhill the way it did.

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#7 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:02 pm

I have to say I am a bit late with this. It is sad that he died as it is for any human being to die. I'm a big fan of music from the 80's though I don't listen to much music. But his life was a bit shrouded but still in my view we all do stuff sometimes that is bad. Meaning no one is perfect. Thats probably why many people will joke because he wasn't perfect but then again due to his talent he will surely be missed. I just say we should all just remember we are all human and honestly none of us can really say when our time is going to be up. but We have to remember the good in people like Michael Jackson. I still remember Heal The World and that is what I see as one of his greatest songs for he wanted peace. I just hope he found it R.I.P. Michael.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#8 Post by Fribbi » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:18 pm

Yes this was really sad weekend.
Last edited by Fribbi on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#9 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:05 am

I'll say it again. This isn't the time or place for such jokes, Fribbi. I'm sure there are many other sites and forums out there which will allow you to feed the rumor mill by saying and posting anything you want about Michael Jackson, but please keep them out of this thread.

Let's keep this as an appreciation topic to the man, his talents, and his music.

BTW, I always thought this was one of his memorable videos clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEU9Q8NlOiY&feature=fvst

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

#10 Post by eriqchang » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:27 pm

mmm Great video.

My absolute favourite Michael Jackson video is a hidden gem a lot of people didn't see. It's called "Who Is It?" - every scene could be a still shot framed photo. It's so beautiful and classy. I love the blues, the golds, just everything about it. Directed by genius David Fincher (Madonna's Express Yourself, Bad Girl, Vogue, and the film "Seven") it is, by far, my top Jackson video. And the song is killer too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjvoVpOr ... re=related

I made these the night of MJ's passing and posted them a few places. Feel free to spread the love across the world and display them proudly on your desktops. ;)

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#11 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:45 pm

I'm using it as my background now, thanks Eriq

Chrismarr
Peasant Status

#12 Post by Chrismarr » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:49 pm

I'm very sad that he died.... He always strived to be accepted by others and was hurt by people he trusted. He also had a rough upbringing where his dad would punish him harshly for not doing things the way he felt they should be done, which I can relate to. I hope he finds the peace he deserves.
R.I.P. MJ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rTnuNRh6_k

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#13 Post by DrJones » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:16 pm

I'm starting to think that it's not that music today is horrible, but that music in the eighties was too damn good thanks to geniuses like Michael Jackson and Queen that we got spoiled. Normal people, no matter how talented they are, simply cannot write music that good, and the music industry shifted from ripe fruit that tastes great to low-hanging fruit that everyone can reach. :(

Michael Jackson invented the music video, "Thriller" was the first yet is still the best one ever made, and "Smooth criminal" is also a real gem that impressed me a lot when I was young. It's really sad that such a young talent destroyed himself with drugs and abuse from all kinds of bad people that went near him smearing his money.

He was a gift to the world but the bigger kids broke it. :cry

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#14 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:22 pm

I thought David Bowie made the first music video (in the 60s?)?

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#15 Post by DrJones » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:10 am

I remember reading somewhere that until thriller, music videos consisted of people singing and maybe girls in bikini dancing in the background. Thriller totally changed them to make them look like stories. Maybe I should have said "modern music videos".