Leisure Suit Larry 2 VGA?

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Water Man
Peasant Status

Leisure Suit Larry 2 VGA?

#1 Post by Water Man » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:18 pm

I am very impressed with what you did with King's Quest 2 VGA. You not only expanded the story, and the ocations, you made it an AWESOME adventure game! I especially was impressed by how you added elements of gray, by making the Dracula figure the good guy, and the holy priests the unexpectedly creepy bad guys (why are there Christians in King's Quest's world anyway, Christianity shouldn't even exist in Daventry or Ooga Booga!). Because you are very good at expanding the original game, enhancing and augmenting it in terms of story, locations, characterizations, I think your skills at adventure game developing are qualified for you to remake another game that needs not only remaking, but a dose of AGI enhancement and augmentation.
Have you ever thought of remaking Leisure Suit Larry 2: Larry Goes Looking For Love in Several Wrong Places? You should apply what you did to King's Quest 2 to Leisure Suit Larry 2, which may imrpove many of the flaws of the older game (it may make it harder, but it's always fun, especially if a good walkthrough helps you experience the game). Since you changed the title of King's Quest 2 from Romancing the Throne to Romancing the Stones, I suggest, to fit the game's new theme, to change Larry Goes Looking For Love in Several Wrong Places to Larry Goes Looking For Love in Many of the Wrong Places!
There are tons of ideas that I have for the VGA concept, but I may be running out of time.
I pay my respects to all the Royal Nerds of Daventry and the Valleys of the Great Sierra!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Leisure Suit Larry 2 VGA?

#2 Post by Erpy » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:10 pm

Thanks for the kind words. Good to hear you had fun playing KQ2+. Unfortunately, it's not likely we'll ever be working on a LSL2 remake. After nearly a decade of working on free games, we're getting ready to retire from the non-profit scene.

Water Man
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Water Man » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:34 pm

Oh, well, I tried. Meanwhile, I must attain the ultimate quest for nerdish glory in Quest For Glory II VGA, as well as wait for the next products.

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#4 Post by pbpb33 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:01 pm

Erpy, but will you guys still make new adventure games? What games are on the horizon from your team. I have played all your games, and love them all!!

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#5 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:59 am

I think its fair to say its doubtfull there will be anymore games from AGDI.

Look out for new projects from individual members of the team in future!