TGWTG.Com: Let's Play King's Quest 5

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

TGWTG.Com: Let's Play King's Quest 5

#1 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:09 am

I frequently visit ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.Com and watch a lot of their videos. One guy in particular decided to do a Let's Play video series of King's Quest 5. It's funny to watch a gamer not so much into adventure games play through one of the most notorious and yet memorable Sierra games ever made. A lot of the things he brings up I never even thought of before and he makes some great points. He makes fun of it but he must be a fan or else he wouldn't own the game so I don't hold it too much against him.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol ... /paw/lppaw

So far there are 6 parts (5 and 6 were just released today) and he still hasn't gotten the gold coin yet (I'm being intentionally vague about puzzles for people who don't want to read spoilers). One thing I didn't realize was that the boot and the stick were interchangeable items for two different puzzles. I thought he was screwed when I thought he "misused" the stick earlier on. Meaning KQ5 isn't as unfair as I had previously believed! I never would have dreamed you'd be able to use either item. KQ5 never seemed that fair lol.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: TGWTG.Com: Let's Play King's Quest 5

#2 Post by Erpy » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:38 am

I believe there's a few instances where two items are interchangable. The boot and stick were two. The gold coin and gold needle were another interchangable pair.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#3 Post by Brainiac » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:46 am

Erpy wrote:I believe there's a few instances where two items are interchangable. The boot and stick were two. The gold coin and gold needle were another interchangable pair.
The gold items aren't purely interchangable. They need to be given to the gypsies and the tailor respectively for full points, as I recall.

Actually, if you check Paw's YouTube account here, you'll see he's up to 9 parts. They just haven't posted past Part 6 on TGWTG.com/Blip.tv.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#4 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:13 am

Well then! Onward to the rest!

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#5 Post by Brainiac » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:04 pm

TGWTG and Blip have caught up with YouTube; they're all up to Part 10.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#6 Post by Brainiac » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:50 pm

The conclusion of Paw's KQ5 Let's Play is currently available on his blip.tv account. The finale should be posted to TGWTG shortly...and it's hilarious.