AGDI gains an AGS Award for Quest for Glory 2 VGA

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

AGDI gains an AGS Award for Quest for Glory 2 VGA

#1 Post by DrJones » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:31 pm

Quest for Glory 2 won one of its two AGS nominations, that is, the one for best animation. Congratulations!! The second one, for best music, went to Ben Jordan. I think it was well deserved, but I seriously hoped Quest Studios had won that one.

Personally, I think you got cheated off this time with the other nominations (for example, best background and programming), but don't give it a damn either. It was fun to see your game in the ceremony and that's all that matters. :D

Knight Status

Re: AGDI gains an AGS Award for Quest for Glory 2 VGA

#2 Post by 1234567890 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:33 am

AWESOME! it deserves it, that's a GAME! ;) ;)

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#3 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:41 pm

how did it not win Best Programming? Have you played QFG?

Broomie
The Enigma

#4 Post by Broomie » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:49 pm

The AGS awards are a joke, it's nice that QFG2VGA got an award but only two nominations? I'm not really one to say as I rarely download any other AGS games but I'm certain QFG2VGA should be nominated for plenty of awards. As I said though, the AGS awards are a bit like the Eurovision song contest, maybe not on a political viewpoint but on the same wavelength of voting for friend's games rather than good games. No offense intended because I know that there are many talented people making games but QFG2VGA is certainly worthy of more than two nominations. I remember Al Emmo getting the 'crappy' award or something a long those lines which is very immature, which is why I don't bother with the AGS community anymore.

Knight Status

#5 Post by 1234567890 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:50 pm

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:how did it not win Best Programming? Have you played QFG?
Me? hell yeah! yes, it should have.

SSH
Peasant Status

#6 Post by SSH » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:33 pm

Broomie wrote:The AGS awards are a joke, it's nice that QFG2VGA got an award but only two nominations? I'm not really one to say as I rarely download any other AGS games but I'm certain QFG2VGA should be nominated for plenty of awards. As I said though, the AGS awards are a bit like the Eurovision song contest, maybe not on a political viewpoint but on the same wavelength of voting for friend's games rather than good games. No offense intended because I know that there are many talented people making games but QFG2VGA is certainly worthy of more than two nominations. I remember Al Emmo getting the 'crappy' award or something a long those lines which is very immature, which is why I don't bother with the AGS community anymore.
Hmmm, not sure that calling things "a joke" can really be fairly described as "No offense intended". I run the AGS Awards and I never much liked the "booby prize" award that Al Emmo was nominated for. I stopped that award in subsequent years becuase I didn't like the negativity of it. Please note that Al Emmo didn't actually win it and was also nominated for Background Art. I really don't think its fair to make statements like the ones you have made when you clearly state that you have not played many other AGS games and not been involved in the community and are making factually incorrect assertions.

I agree that the Programming effort in QFG2VGA should have got a nomination (at least) but the game that won best programming (Nanobots) had unique and complex coding behind it too. Because of the difficulty in a popular vote deciding something like "Programming" we also have the Innovation award decided by committee. Unfortunately for QFG2VGA a remake is always going to come off worse in a category like innovation as its a reverse engineering effort to a large extent but again the winner of this category (Colourwise) was certainly making a very innovative use of AGS.

As for the "vote for your friends" accusation, the biggest winner this year was A Second Face which was made by Le Woltaire who doesn't have a huge amount of involvement in the AGS community. While Ben Jordan 7 and Nanobots also did well and are made by popular forum members, last year Nelly Cootalot won lots of awards and its creator Ali has not been hugely active either (and it was his first game). Ben Jordan 6 won no awards. Yahtzee, creator of the Trilby games has continued getting awards over the years despite actively alienating quite a few AGS members. The facts quite simply refute this friend-only voting idea.

On my blog, I ran a poll about which game should have had more nominations and QFG2VGA won that, so it was made the Pick of the Month on the AGS games page for March.

Broomie
The Enigma

#7 Post by Broomie » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:16 pm

Hmmm, not sure that calling things "a joke" can really be fairly described as "No offense intended". I run the AGS Awards and I never much liked the "booby prize" award that Al Emmo was nominated for. I stopped that award in subsequent years becuase I didn't like the negativity of it. Please note that Al Emmo didn't actually win it and was also nominated for Background Art. I really don't think its fair to make statements like the ones you have made when you clearly state that you have not played many other AGS games and not been involved in the community and are making factually incorrect assertions.
I was only referring to the harsh decisions made at the AGS awards, such as Al Emmo being nominated and the immaturity of some of the posts regarding it. I'm glad you've stopped that award because although some games probably do deserve it (extremely bad games) I feel it's unfair to have nominated a game like Al Emmo when you know how much work has gone into it and why you can't exactly put that in the same category as a 10 room game starring stick figure characters exploring a MS Paint canvas with spelling and grammatical errors in each sentence of dialog. I'm not just sticking up for Al Emmo and Himalaya Studios just because I'm a regular poster at the forums but do you know how hurtful it can be to work so hard on a game only for immature members to ridicule it and nominate it for the worst game award? I am a member of the AGS forums and I was reading comments regarding that decision which had members happily agreeing with it and laughing about it. It's not great to get that kind of reception and I surely wouldn't want that. Which is why I believe that certain factors of the AGS awards can't be taken seriously if you make decisions like that.

Otherwise though, there are some fantastic games that are nominated and win the awards so that would hardly be a joke to the winners, I mean the game I worked on won an award and was nominated for a few so winning that did feel quite nice. That is why I meant no offense to that because like any awards ceremony, there'll always be one award that can ruin the whole thing for you whilst the other awards are completely fair.

I apologize for making those remarks but I still stand by them, although I will take back the friend voting accusation as it was a bit presumptuous. But I'm glad there are people who feel QFG2VGA deserved more nominations as did I. All I can say though is that I didn't play many of the other games nominated so I don't want to act like I'm bias or anything, but I just believe that QFG2VGA could have done better than it did.

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#8 Post by pbpb33 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:39 pm

I lost any and all respect for the AGS awards when they dissed AGDI in such a ridiculous fashion. I personally consider the AGS awards to be a joke... it is clear that AGDI should have swept several categories. When Al Emmo got that negative "award" I knew something was amiss with the AGS Awards folks, and I have never trusted them since.

SSH
Peasant Status

#9 Post by SSH » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:46 am

I am the AGS Awards "folks" and the nominations in every category were given based on the game getting the largest number of nominations in the category by members of the AGS forums.

With respect to Al Emm, in general non-commercial games have tended to be favoured at the AGS awards as less people on the AGS forums (the voters) will have played something they have to pay for. You can see the same with Dave Gilbert and Herculean Effort's AGS games: free ones won a lot more awards than commercial.

Do you consider the QFG2VGA nominations a joke also? Or is it just a joke when it disagrees with your own opinion? It's called democracy, by the way.
Last edited by SSH on Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#10 Post by DrJones » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:07 pm

Well, I can't comment on someone else's opinion, and also don't want to degrade your efforts on the ceremony, SSH, because I think it's a cool iniciative and helps me know which games I might want to play, but I couldn't avoid noticing while reading the posts that many a voter doesn't take seriously the task of making an informed vote, and some even prefer it that way. In that aspect I have to agree there's room for improvement.

Also, even though it mimics a democratic voting process, it doesn't implement many state-level mechanisms that enforce fairness (like making voting obligatory for everyone), something that I'm not going to encourage you to do, of course, but that opens the space for exploits if there were people truly motivated to do so. In this case I don't think people are cheating, but the small sample of votes seems to be skewed towards popularity of the developer within the community, instead of overall quality of the work.

People play mostly the games their friends have done, and nominate mostly games they have played, so it naturally deviates to friend voting and winning an award becomes more a question of who has more friends.

So maybe instead of using "Best of" categories, it would be more accurate to say "Most popular".

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#11 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:01 pm

I think all good games deserve recognition. And maybe QFG2 didnt win all the awards but can any other AGS game match its amount of downloads :evil

SSH
Peasant Status

#12 Post by SSH » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:11 pm

I'm not sure how obligatory voting makes any vote more fair, and many many countries don't enforce voting: are you saying their governments are not legitimate? Anyway, that's a side issue.

Just because people in the forum make jokes about voting doesn't mean that they don't take the process seriously. If I recall correctly, out of about 100 people who nominated games in various categories the number of people who chose Al Emmo in the infamous catgory in which it was nominated could be counted on one hand: there wasn't a high rate of nomination in that category!

I fail to see what more I can do to raise people's opinions of the AGS Awards: I've stopped that catgeory altogether now for 2 years and short of retconning historical results I'm not sure what people want!

As for skewed voting, I have a general idea of who is friends with who and I can see who voted for what. In the nominations phase there is a bit of it happens as you can nominate as many games as you like, but a game chosen by just a few friends never gets anywhere unless it happen to be liked by >30 other people as well and in the final vote voting looks to be distinctly unpartisan in its patterns.

As for number of downloads, I don't think there's any independent count but A Tale of Two Kingdoms gets thousands of downloads a week on the AGS website alone, not to mention direct ones. Their AGS total is 115093 at the moment. ( http://www.bigbluecup.com/games.php?act ... ail&id=905 )

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#13 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:45 pm

Fans shouldn't be the ones voting on AGS games.....Yahtzee should. :D

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#14 Post by pbpb33 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:18 pm

After reading SSH responses, I wish to respectfully say that I now have even less respect for the AGS Awards, which I consider to be nothing more than a farce. SSH seemed to falsely imply that QFG2VGA was a game people had to pay for in order to play, and that that is a reason why it didn't do as well in the voting. SSF can backtrack all she/he wants now and say she/he was only referring to Al Emmo, but it is clear to me that SSH is not as informed as one should be when it comes to adventure games.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#15 Post by Brainiac » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:43 pm

MusicallyInspired wrote:Fans shouldn't be the ones voting on AGS games.....Yahtzee should. :D
Yeah, because that would be much more fair...everybody sucks (even him)! :p

SSH
Peasant Status

#16 Post by SSH » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:42 pm

pbpb33 wrote:After reading SSH responses, I wish to respectfully say that I now have even less respect for the AGS Awards, which I consider to be nothing more than a farce. SSH seemed to falsely imply that QFG2VGA was a game people had to pay for in order to play, and that that is a reason why it didn't do as well in the voting. SSF can backtrack all she/he wants now and say she/he was only referring to Al Emmo, but it is clear to me that SSH is not as informed as one should be when it comes to adventure games.
Errr... where did I imply that? Of course I was only referring to Al Emmo. You might want to read my blog and see the promotion I gave QFG2VGA when it came out, despite it not being my personal cup of tea. Or check the AGS games page pick of the month for this March. Or maybe the fact the Eriq sent me a free QFG2VGA poster for my contributions.

I wonder if pbpb33 actually played any of the games that beat QFG2VGA in any categories so that HE could give an informed opinion.

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#17 Post by pbpb33 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:33 pm

SSH, to begin to address the various concerns about the controversial AGS Awards, would you please answer the following questions:

1) How many votes did each game nominee receive in each of the categories over the last two years? Knowing this would help readers decide on the validity of the AGS Awards themselves.

2) Besides yourself, SSH, who sees the final vote counts?

3) Exactly what is the process for selecting nominees? It seems to me that too much of the selection process is based on one person's opinion of what others like. No one doubts that there are many fine games out there. However, I want to draw readers' attention to the list of nominations (see link below). Please note that QFG2VGA received NO nominations for Best Game, Best Gameplay, Best Character Art, Best Background Art, Best Programming, or Best Sound Effects. Now, I am not suggesting that QFG2VGA should have necessarily won in all these categories (though it wouldn't have been surprising if it had), but I do not believe that any fair-minded observers could deny that QFG2VGA, easily the most professional looking and elaborate non-commercial AGS game EVER, should have received nominations in most of these categories.

For readers' reference, please see the AGS Awards Nominations: http://www.bigbluecup.com/awards.php?ac ... ownominees

The fact that you received a poster and mentioned a game on your blog, SSH, does not even begin to make up for the questionable (at best) aspects of the AGS Awards. I have to wonder if the AGS Awards should be renamed The SSH & Friends Awards.

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#18 Post by pbpb33 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:54 pm

If people are interested in a more reputable set of awards than the AGS Awards, I'd direct them to adventuregamers.com: http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,981/p,14

On a side note, it is my feeling from observing various forums that some are resentful and perhaps jealous of the AGDI team. Over the last several years, AGDI has soared to prominence with their high quality games. I doubt that any other non-commercial AGS games received even a fraction of the downloads that AGDI's games received. Also, from reading various comments I've gotten the impression that some are resentful of AGDI's (via Himalaya Studios) stated goal of wanting to move toward commercial projects. AGDI's games really stand alone in terms of quality and complexity, and apparently being out in front of the pack can bring both admiration and envy.

SSH
Peasant Status

#19 Post by SSH » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:28 pm

pbpb33 wrote: 1) How many votes did each game nominee receive in each of the categories over the last two years? Knowing this would help readers decide on the validity of the AGS Awards themselves.
How would it help?
Chris Jones, creator of AGS. Are you implying that I've lied about who got the most votes?
3) Exactly what is the process for selecting nominees? It seems to me that too much of the selection process is based on one person's opinion of what others like.
Er, no its based on AGS forum members selecting which games from 2008 they thought deserved a nomination. Then the top 5 in each category is voted on again.
I do not believe that any fair-minded observers could deny that QFG2VGA, easily the most professional looking and elaborate non-commercial AGS game EVER, should have received nominations in most of these categories.
How many AGS games have you played? For example, have you played ATOTK? And professional-looking and elaborate does not necessarily make some thing good: e.g. Windows versus Linux! Not that QFG2VGA isn't good, but people obviously preferred something else. In 2004, Americans preferred George W Bush and I thought that was dumb too, but I didn't claim that the US electoral system was completely invalid. (lets not mention 2000.. though!)
The fact that you received a poster and mentioned a game on your blog, SSH, does not even begin to make up for the questionable (at best) aspects of the AGS Awards. I have to wonder if the AGS Awards should be renamed The SSH & Friends Awards.
Imagine awards selected by people at the AGS forums being called AGS awards. Tcch! Next they'll be calling awards selected by the Academy of Motion Picture Sciences and Arts the Academy Awards...! I don't choose the nominees or the winners, although I must admit I am friends with other people on the AGS forums, so I suppose my friends do. You got me there.

SSH
Peasant Status

#20 Post by SSH » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:31 pm

pbpb33 wrote:If people are interested in a more reputable set of awards than the AGS Awards, I'd direct them to adventuregamers.com: http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,981/p,14
You might like to check out this guy who gets to vote on those:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/bio.php?id=77

:D

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#21 Post by pbpb33 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:01 pm

SSH wrote:
pbpb33 wrote: 1) How many votes did each game nominee receive in each of the categories over the last two years? Knowing this would help readers decide on the validity of the AGS Awards themselves.
How would it help?
If the AGS Awards are only being voted on by a relatively small handful of people, who may or may not have their own agendas, then that is something that readers ought to be told. If it turns out that only a relatively small group of people (who may or may not have ever played any AGDI games) are taking part in the voting process, then that is something that readers ought to know as they evaluate the worth of the SSH-run AGS Awards. Maybe I am wrong, but it appears that SSH wants to withhold information regarding the number of votes each game nominee received in each of the categories over the last two years. SSH, if it is true that you want to hide this information, please explain why you believe readers should be kept in the dark.
Chris Jones, creator of AGS. Are you implying that I've lied about who got the most votes?
Why not be transparent, and let everyone know the final vote tallies?
3) Exactly what is the process for selecting nominees? It seems to me that too much of the selection process is based on one person's opinion of what others like.
Er, no its based on AGS forum members selecting which games from 2008 they thought deserved a nomination. Then the top 5 in each category is voted on again.
Please provide links to the forum discussions that include nomination suggestions that you say led to the lists of nominees. You should explain the nomination process on the page announcing the list of nominees.
I do not believe that any fair-minded observers could deny that QFG2VGA, easily the most professional looking and elaborate non-commercial AGS game EVER, should have received nominations in most of these categories.
How many AGS games have you played? For example, have you played ATOTK? And professional-looking and elaborate does not necessarily make some thing good: e.g. Windows versus Linux! Not that QFG2VGA isn't good, but people obviously preferred something else. In 2004, Americans preferred George W Bush and I thought that was dumb too, but I didn't claim that the US electoral system was completely invalid. (lets not mention 2000.. though!)
Yes, I played it. Also, people did not "obviously prefer something else" to QFG2VGA. I would imagine that QFG2VGA has been downloaded countless more times than the other nominees, a fact that by itself does not mean it deserves the awards, but that does cause one to question the assertion that QFG2VGA was "obviously preferred" less than other nominees. SSH, are you going to sit there and tell me that the QFG2VGA background art, character art, programming and sound effects are not some of the best ever in a non-commercial AGS title? Do you expect anyone to take you or your one-person-run awards show seriously if you repeatedly snub an obvious front-runner like QFG2VGA?
Imagine awards selected by people at the AGS forums being called AGS awards. Tcch! Next they'll be calling awards selected by the Academy of Motion Picture Sciences and Arts the Academy Awards...! I don't choose the nominees or the winners, although I must admit I am friends with other people on the AGS forums, so I suppose my friends do. You got me there.
It is my opinion that the AGS Awards are nothing more than meaningless designations chosen by a relatively small handful of people, likely with their own strong biases and agendas, and that do not at all reflect the general AGS-related adventure gaming population. A reader happening upon your AGS Awards page might get the impression that the awards are some kind of definitive honor that reflect a consensus in the adventure gaming community; that impression would appear to be the furthest thing from the truth.

SSH
Peasant Status

#22 Post by SSH » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:39 pm

pbpb33 wrote:
SSH wrote:
How would it help?
If the AGS Awards are only being voted on by a relatively small handful of people, who may or may not have their own agendas, then that is something that readers ought to be told.
They're not. Over 100 people voted this year. Happy now?
Maybe I am wrong, but it appears that SSH wants to withhold information regarding the number of votes each game nominee received in each of the categories over the last two years. SSH, if it is true that you want to hide this information, please explain why you believe readers should be kept in the dark.
Exact vote counts have never been made public in the AGS Awards since before I took them over (incidentally, I have offered many times since for someone else to take them over and no-one has ever asked to). No-one on the AGS forums (for whose benefit these awards take place: why not get involved next year before the event rather than moan about the process afterwards when it can't be changed) has ever asked for exact counts. Exact counts will either embarrass nominees who ended up with very few or make those who just miss out start questioning if they should have got a friend to do another vote and those who win by a clear margin it adds very little to win's kudos. So I don't want to hurt other's feelings. If you want to go and get the permission of ever losing nominee for me to release the exact numbers I will do it. But I'm not going to the bother for the sake of your curiosity and misguided suspicion.
Please provide links to the forum discussions that include nomination suggestions that you say led to the lists of nominees. You should explain the nomination process on the page announcing the list of nominees.
There was an ASP & javascript nominations page which was open during the voting to all registered AGS forum members. If you wait until January it'll be open again! This was all explained in the AGS forums. If you want to find the discussions, use the AGS forums search function, or google. I didn't explain the nomination process there becuase the page was designed for people interested in the awards as they were happening, not for people who swan along later and want them retconned.
Yes, I played it. Also, people did not "obviously prefer something else" to QFG2VGA. I would imagine that QFG2VGA has been downloaded countless more times than the other nominees, a fact that by itself does not mean it deserves the awards, but that does cause one to question the assertion that QFG2VGA was "obviously preferred" less than other nominees.
Obviously preferred by the fact that it got LESS VOTES. Duh.
SSH, are you going to sit there and tell me that the QFG2VGA background art, character art, programming and sound effects are not some of the best ever in a non-commercial AGS title? Do you expect anyone to take you or your one-person-run awards show seriously if you repeatedly snub an obvious front-runner like QFG2VGA?
#
I think you may have missed this small point the previous million times I stated it:
I DIDNT CHOOSE THE AWARDS, I JUST ANNOUNCED THEM.
It is my opinion that the AGS Awards are nothing more than meaningless designations chosen by a relatively small handful of people, likely with their own strong biases and agendas, and that do not at all reflect the general AGS-related adventure gaming population. A reader happening upon your AGS Awards page might get the impression that the awards are some kind of definitive honor that reflect a consensus in the adventure gaming community; that impression would appear to be the furthest thing from the truth.
You must have big hands if >100 people is a handful. A reader observing your constant ignoring of the facts might get the impression you're a troll.

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#23 Post by pbpb33 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:02 pm

1) All you have to do is publish the exact vote counts. It's not that complicated. The only person that could possibly be embarrassed by the low vote counts is you; that is, very low counts would show that the SSH-run AGS Awards should perhaps not be taken all that seriously.

2) Please point us to the specific threads that you say led you to create the lists of nominees that you did. This would help provide background for your assertions, and I would think you'd want to share it with the rest of us. Rather than send readers on some thread-finding expedition, simply show us what it was that you based the list of nominees on. You must be familiar with those threads, so it shouldn't be difficult for you to simply share the links. Please allow readers to judge for themselves whether the nomination process (which apparently snubbed QFG2VGA repeatedly) ought to be taken seriously at all.

3) Please answer this: Do you or do you not believe that the QFG2VGA background art, character art, programming and sound effects are some of the best ever in a non-commercial AGS title? As the only person apparently running the AGS Awards, your thoughts on the quality of the QFG2VGA product may help shed some light on the rather surprising repeated snubs of QFG2VGA across many categories, in which it received zero nominations.

4) In your opinion, do you believe that QFG2VGA deserved more nominations?

SSH, are you going to sit there and tell me that the QFG2VGA background art, character art, programming and sound effects are not some of the best ever in a non-commercial AGS title? Do you expect anyone to take you or your one-person-run awards show seriously if you repeatedly snub an obvious front-runner like QFG2VGA?
#
I think you may have missed this small point the previous million times I stated it:
I DIDNT CHOOSE THE AWARDS, I JUST ANNOUNCED THEM.
But you are responsible for creating the list of nominees. Isn't that correct?
Last edited by pbpb33 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SSH
Peasant Status

#24 Post by SSH » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:16 pm

pbpb33 wrote:1) All you have to do is publish the exact vote counts. It's not that complicated. The only person that could possibly be embarrassed by the low vote counts is you; that is, very low counts would show that the SSH-run AGS Awards should perhaps not be taken all that seriously.
I've explained my reasons as you asked. Once you supply me with proof rather than your wild guess that all the nominees are happy with me releasing vote counts then I'll release them. The winner of the best game award had 37 votes and there were 136 votes in that category.
2) Please point us to the boards and posts that you say led you to create the lists of nominees that you did. Again, this shouldn't be difficult.
OK. Words of one syllable. I DID NOT MAKE THE LIST. IT WAS A VOTE.

3) Please answer this: Do you or do you not personally believe that the QFG2VGA background art, character art, programming and sound effects are some of the best ever in a non-commercial AGS title? As the only person apparently running the AGS Awards, your thoughts on the quality of the QFG2VGA product may help shed some light on the rather surprising repeated snubs of QFG2VGA across many categories.
Yes, some of the best. I also think that the games that did get nominations and awards in those categories are some of the best too. The reason QFG2VGA did not get more nominations and award is quite simple. NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE VOTED FOR IT.

SSH
Peasant Status

#25 Post by SSH » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:20 pm

pbpb33 wrote:But you are responsible for creating the list of nominees. Isn't that correct?
No. IT IS A VOTE. There is the process where people nominate as many AGS games from 2008 as they like in as many categories as they think appropriate. Then we take the top 5 from that VOTE and tell people to play as many of those top 5 as they can and then do the final VOTE. That way, the final vote reflects opinions on games all voters should have played while the nominations process by necessity of so many AGS games a year has to be less strict but it is still a VOTE.