German Translation?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Mr.Wolna
Peasant Status

German Translation?

#1 Post by Mr.Wolna » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:15 am

Hi dear Community,

There are two things I want to get rid of. First of all BIG BIG Thanks for your amazing work on QFG II, yo did an fantastic job!

Second: I want to help. i have some experience in translating. (my FONET Team make the German translation of Fallout 2 Restoration Pack, and actually i work on a German Diablo I Hellfire Patch). So as you see I am also a classic game lover and do not like this mainstream *** (but that's another story ^^)

So whats up? You need some one for translating this fantastic game into German? Or you have somebody yet, for this job?

Greetings,
Mr.Wolna

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: German Translation?

#2 Post by Erpy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:46 am

Welcome and thanks for the kind words. Glad you enjoyed the game.

Unfortunately, QFG2VGA will not be supporting translation packs, so I'm afraid we'll have to decline your offer.

Mr.Wolna
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Mr.Wolna » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:11 am

You are welcome.

Can i ask why QFG II not support a translation pack?

Greetings,
Mr.Wolna

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:42 am

Well, mostly because we lack the time to start rescripting the game to properly support translation packs and at the same time keeping in touch with the volunteers. Nor do we have the resources to verify the quality of a translation pack if it would actually get finished.

Mr.Wolna
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Mr.Wolna » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:01 pm

hm good, ok. anyway nice game. good luck.

EDIT:

Hi, I have thought a long time and...

What do you think of an unofficial German Patch, then you have not worry for a support , a kind Fanpatch. Because really many people ask us/me to translate the game. I also find it a shame if German users can not play this great remake in their language.

I have viewed the Executable, and I see the text files are directly in the EXE. As I said I would like to translate the game, even if it's only fanbased and not from official side.

What say you? I do not want getting on your nerves, so ask one last time. If you do not agree, then German community has no luck. I will not go against your desire and translate!

Regards,
Mr.Wolna

Flauschepelz
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Flauschepelz » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:23 am

I've just started playing QfG II and I noticed that there are a lot of puns in the game.
They would be very hard to translate into German.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#7 Post by Erpy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:14 am

Unfortunately, we can not support unofficial translation patches. Before QFG2VGA was released, it was submitted to the copyright holder for review. No doubt, if the game would have had a lot of spelling/grammar errors in its text, we would have been required to fix those before being given permission to release it. I would guess that if we were to support translation efforts, we'd also be expected to take responsibility for the quality.

Mr.Wolna
Peasant Status

#8 Post by Mr.Wolna » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:54 am

Ok, I understand well a new project has already started. But if something new, you know what my e-mail. ;)

Greets,
Wolna