Problematic Robbery

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Ryoso
Peasant Status

Problematic Robbery

#1 Post by Ryoso » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:22 am

I'm playing through as the thief, and after a few abysmal attempts at the apartment near the W.I.T. portal (I only found the drawer, a bag of money I couldn't take due to encumbrance, and the faux jewels), I looked up what I should be able to snag in there. Aside from fixing encumbrance and finding out about the jade necklace, I also discovered those scimitars perched over the doorway are stealable.

So here's the problem: no matter what I try, I can't seem to position the magic rope properly so I can reach the scimitars when I climb. It seems like I'm as close to the door as I can get without alerting the guards when I try to place the rope, but no matter where I stand, I can't get the rope centered right where the scimitars cross. Regardless, it looks very much like I'm close enough to reach the scimitars, but I can't ever grab them.

So I'm thinking either the sweet spot is too narrow or, if the climb skill needs to be a certain level, my climb skill's too low. I can climb the rope just fine with a skill of 100, though. If for some reason I need to improve my climbing, how do I go about that? I've spent 15 minutes in the desert trying to do so using the magic rope but have never succeeded in improving it by even a point.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Problematic Robbery

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:40 am

You can get more climbing experience by climbing the palm tree at the oasis, however, the climb skill doesn't factor into being able to ascend the Magic Rope.

Regarding the twin scimitars, did you try clicking the rope directly ON the scimitars or on the floor beneath them? That's probably easier than clicking the rope on the hero.

Ryoso
Peasant Status

Re: Problematic Robbery

#3 Post by Ryoso » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:39 am

Just tried clicking the rope on the scimitars again, and no dice. Ditto for directly under them on the floor.