Export problem - HELP!!!!

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Scorpinac
Peasant Status

Export problem - HELP!!!!

#1 Post by Scorpinac » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:24 am

Okay, I have an exporting problem which affects later importing - When I export from QFG3 everything is fine, but when I import that file to QFG4, my Open Spell skill goes wonky, reading out at 29864. And I did a test with with my QFG2VGA export and it came out just fine, so the problem is clearly in the QFG3 Export process. And I recall the last time I played it, QFG5 wouldn't even take my original QGF3 import(I didn't have a QFG4 import available at that time, my own bad. :o ) Can someone point me to a patch that will fix that problem, or am I doomed to have to use my QFG2VGA character for importing into 4?! Please, help me, you're my only hope!(Aside of Google, that is..) :o :cry :( 8o

Scorpinac
Peasant Status

Re: Export problem - HELP!!!!

#2 Post by Scorpinac » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:08 am

Okay, I really, really, really need an answer here one way or the other, cause I really want to get going on QFG4, and frankly I'd prefer all my hard work building my character up in QFG3 not to go to waste. Please?! :cry

Oh, yeah, I went through QFG1VGA and QFG2VGA as a Fighter with Magic user and Thief skills, then switched careers to Wizard for QFG3, and intend to stay that way until the end, so I could get all of the spells. Please don't tell me that has something to do with it. 8o

Pretty please, help? :(

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:02 pm

What you could try is ask at http://www.sierrahelp.com. They have a lot of experience with the technical quirks of the old Sierra classics.

Scorpinac
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Scorpinac » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:29 am

Thank you, I think i finally found the answer - the QFG Character Import Editor! Let's hope it works. 8o

Scorpinac
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Scorpinac » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:17 am

And the answer is crash and burn! Turns out it was a character creator, not an editor like it said it was. And there were two more, same deal. So I'm caving and getting the hex editor to "adjust" my current in game guy to where he should be. ::grumble, grumble:: >: 8o