Tales of Monkey Island DVD

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Chief
Knight Status

Tales of Monkey Island DVD

#1 Post by Chief » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:15 pm

FYI, the Collector's dvd is now available for preorder and its free (+ shipping) if you already got the season!

https://www.telltalegames.com/monkeyisland

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

Re: Tales of Monkey Island DVD

#2 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:39 pm

Shipping prices are an assload, for me at least. I'm barely outside the US. I'll have to get it mailed somewhere in Michigan and pick it up, hopefully that lowers it.

Chief
Knight Status

#3 Post by Chief » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:50 pm

that probably is a good idea.. it was only about 5 bucks for me.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#4 Post by Brainiac » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:34 am

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:Shipping prices are an assload, for me at least. I'm barely outside the US. I'll have to get it mailed somewhere in Michigan and pick it up, hopefully that lowers it.
Actually, if you order $50 worth of stuff other than poster prints, shipping is free (until March 28th).

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#5 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:52 pm

I'm not going to buy 50 dollars worth of flair to get free shipping on a dvd I already bought though. I wish they had been upfront about shipping costs in the first place.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#6 Post by Brainiac » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:55 pm

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:I'm not going to buy 50 dollars worth of flair to get free shipping on a dvd I already bought though. I wish they had been upfront about shipping costs in the first place.
What do you mean? They can't control the prices themselves and Telltale said from the start that if you preordered the season, you'd get the DVD for no cost besides shipping.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#7 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:50 pm

How is this so hard for people to understand? It's a huge issue on the TTG forums as well.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#8 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:36 am

Brainiac wrote:
Quest For Glory Fan wrote:I'm not going to buy 50 dollars worth of flair to get free shipping on a dvd I already bought though. I wish they had been upfront about shipping costs in the first place.
What do you mean? They can't control the prices themselves and Telltale said from the start that if you preordered the season, you'd get the DVD for no cost besides shipping.
I just don't think anyone was expecting shipping to be what it is.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#9 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:10 pm

It never was this bad, but they switched shippin distributors and the price spiked. I don't hold it against them, personally. They even said they're still looking into the matter just in case.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#10 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:43 am

well Shipping would have still been 17 dollars to my "barely across the border" address so I had it shipped to a packaging company in Michigan (technically in the same city) for 5 dollars shipping. Now I just have to cross the border (2 bucks) pay the packagers (2 bucks) and cross the border back home (2 bucks). I save a whopping 6 dollars! I decided to get the Sam and Max animated series for 30% off if I'm already paying shipping and going over there. This was almost enough to make me not pick up my dvd though. Shipping is half the price of the game *headshake*