MS Paint problem

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

MS Paint problem

#1 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:25 am

I think I got a bad copy of adobe photoshop and I grew sick and tired of it always opening instead of paint. So I removed it from my computer and now every time I copy and paste an image it shows up discolored. Also when I try to paint over it with the color I want it turns out discolored and it only happens when I copy and paste stuff.

Can anybody help me please.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

Re: MS Paint problem

#2 Post by Spikey » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:36 pm

So it isn't your monitor? Sounds like your colourpicker isn't handling colourprofiles properly. What about Windows Viewer (or whatever it's called), do the colours show up right there?

(Btw, if you rightclick on a file, and choose "open with", you can pick a program to open the file with and even set it as default.)

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#3 Post by DrJones » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:40 pm

There are two BMP formats, one is monochrome, the other has color. Maybe your MS-Paint is set to Black-n-White. I remember I had that problem long time ago, but don't remember right now how I fixed it.

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#4 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:15 am

Thanks for the help. I think the two pictures I was editing some how got corrupted when I erased Adobe. So I deleted them if I have anymore problems regarding this I'll let y'all know.