Heavy Rain

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

rugged
Defense Minister Status

Heavy Rain

#1 Post by rugged » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:45 am

Am sure this must have been discussed somewhere on the boards. But what are people thoughts of the game? (I am yet to play) Do you consider it to be an adventure game? Is it the future of the genre?

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Re: Heavy Rain

#2 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:18 am

It's hardly the future.....seeing as its predecessor Indigo Prophect did very well a few years back. More like the 'now'.

rugged
Defense Minister Status

#3 Post by rugged » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:00 am

From a lot of reports I thought the concept had evolved a bit from indigo prophecy but as I haven't played others I wouldn't really know.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#4 Post by Brainiac » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:20 pm

Considering the man's rabid hatred of QTE, I was eagerly awaiting one specific reviewer's opinion:

Zero Punctuation reviews Heavy Rain

Commence the Yahtzee snark!

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#5 Post by Lady Pyro » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:51 pm

Yahtzee, snarky? Perish the thought! :p
I find his reviews highly entertaining, but they only two things we've ever really agreed on were that Silent Hill 2 and Psychonauts were good games. I don't think I'd ever discount a game based on his wild ramblings (not saying anyone suggested it, just making conversation) though he has been known to hit a few points between the eyes.
The only personal reviews I've heard about heavy rain have been stuttered out of lips teetering on orgasm. Which is to say my friends loved it. I own an X-Box 360 so I don't get pretty things, but I look forward to playing it when my friend James is done and I can trick him into letting me hang out long enough to finish it.

Oh and I just watched the review: Man I love a good quantum leap reference, and now when I play I'm defiantly going to think of the F.B.I agent as a time traveler. It's just too fun to pass up :P

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#6 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:15 am

Are there any spoilers? I really want to watch it but I don't want to ruin it.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#7 Post by Brainiac » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:43 am

MusicallyInspired wrote:Are there any spoilers? I really want to watch it but I don't want to ruin it.
No real spoilers so far as I can tell, MI. There are other reviews that are spoileriffic, though (The Escapist's own review is noted as such, I believe).
Lady Pyro wrote:I own an X-Box 360 so I don't get pretty things...
As I said elsewhere, the 360 vs. PS3 debate can lead to a decision between artistic thriller mystery titles - Heavy Rain versus Alan Wake. You just need to wait a while, LP.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#8 Post by Angelus3K » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:33 pm

I'm looking forward to getting this (my friend bought it and loved it, I also enjoyed the demo very much) but will have to wait until the behemoth that is FFXIII is done!!