Experience Points

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

DonQuixote
Royal Servant Status

Experience Points

#1 Post by DonQuixote » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:57 am

They are there for QG1, they're there for QG2, and then they go away for the rest of the series. While I've never bothered to compile data and figure out if my hypotheses is correct, is does seem as if experience points in the first game effect what type of monsters one encounters, especially in the EGA-version of QG1--the Saurus Rex and the Troll seem to like rare encounters early in the game and more common later in the game (could also be something affected by the day?)

As for Trial by Fire, do experience points effect anything? or are they simply a cosmetic carry over like the "communication" skill is for Shadows of Darkness.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Experience Points

#2 Post by Erpy » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:14 am

It's simply cosmetic.

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#3 Post by Paladinlover » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:53 am

Actually I should mention that, at least for QFG 1 VGA, there was a use for Experience Points. The emergence of trolls at night along with cheetaurs and saurus rexs in the day time was triggered when you had experience over a certain level. This was a major discovery for me since I normally wanted to rack a few kills of those creatures before finishing off the game, but getting to that experience often takes a long time. I just used cheat engine to get my experience up to that point afterward.

I haven't played QFG 1 EGA in a long time, so I'm not sure if the rule is the same for that, too.

Till next time stay cool 8))

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:44 am

It's the same in the EGA version. I didn't ever think it was that hard to get up, since it goes up with practically everything that has the potential to increase stats. For me I sometimes even reached 1000 points before I was strong enough to stand a chance against the nastier monsters.

crayauchtin
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by crayauchtin » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:25 pm

Paladinlover wrote:Actually I should mention that, at least for QFG 1 VGA, there was a use for Experience Points. The emergence of trolls at night along with cheetaurs and saurus rexs in the day time was triggered when you had experience over a certain level. This was a major discovery for me since I normally wanted to rack a few kills of those creatures before finishing off the game, but getting to that experience often takes a long time. I just used cheat engine to get my experience up to that point afterward.
There's a cheat engine in the VGA version?? :eek

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:56 pm

Not a cheat code. He's referring to cheat programs that alter variables.

crayauchtin
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by crayauchtin » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:16 am

Ohhh, I was super confused for a second. Thanks Erpy!