Thief Extras

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

DonQuixote
Royal Servant Status

Thief Extras

#1 Post by DonQuixote » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:35 am

I've been slowly enjoying this game, with each class, and perhaps whatever combination of classes I can import some other time. I've noticed a lot of little extras here and there (which I have enjoyed very much) especially with regard to the combat system. What about the thief though? other than the fun he gets with daggers, are there for example extra break-ins, items, or actions he can do?

I'm not looking for any spoilers by the way, just curious if there's more. Thanks :)

adeyke

Re: Thief Extras

#2 Post by adeyke » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:04 am

There is an extra break-in opportunity.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:43 am

The thief can also dispatch opponents in a more indirect way than trading blows with the desert beasts.

The end route of the thief has a little extra at a certain point to heighten the tension, but if he doesn't have the means to make it through the harem route, he also has the option of going through the antechamber without requiring magic or a shield.

DonQuixote
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by DonQuixote » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:15 pm

Hmmm... an extra break-in? Again, without spoiling anything is that a date-specific quest that requires triggers or is that one that can be done whenever?

Oh, and yes, by the way, the tightrope sequence was excellently done. In the original version it's possible to complete it with low (or high) agility only using two keys, this one forces me to use all available options as they arise and I have to admit the music score is kinda catchy.

adeyke

#5 Post by adeyke » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:38 pm

It happens at a certain time. You get the instructions in the usual way.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:02 pm

Just keep checking back with your contact after doing the usual jobs.

Zcat6
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Zcat6 » Sat May 08, 2010 12:11 am

I've seen in a few threads that a Thief can off monsters in a more thief-ish manner than direct confrontation. I've tried to throw daggers from a distance when monsters first appear, but I still get sucked into a melee without making a scratch on them. Is there a trick to doing a proper back-stab?

adeyke

#8 Post by adeyke » Sat May 08, 2010 1:37 am

It can be very hard to actually pull off the throw at normal speed. What I would do is turn the speed all the way down when a monster appeared and then throw the dagger. Also, make sure you're in sneak mode or it won't work at all. Having high stats also helps.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#9 Post by Erpy » Sat May 08, 2010 11:03 am

If you succesfully hit a monster from behind, you'll get a message telling you so. Otherwise, you either didn't sneak up on said beast or you missed your throw. (which alerts the monster to your presence) It's easiest to backstab a scorpion since they move so slowly and make nice wide targets.