BUG with EOF/Katta midnight tea

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Markus Ramikin
Royal Servant Status

BUG with EOF/Katta midnight tea

#1 Post by Markus Ramikin » Thu May 20, 2010 6:01 am

Even though I've played through this game a number of times, only on this playthrough did I realize that if I talk to the Kattas right before midnight, and keep doing that every night, we'll review the whole history of QFG 1. I really like that element of the game. It's a nice moment of friendship for the hero, and ends with satisfying closure on the 16th night.

The problem is, if playing a fighter, the EOF event interferes with that, makes you miss out one such meeting with the Kattas. This is because EOF only stays open till midnight, and once you enter and pass, you end up celebrating till morning. So on the next, 16th night, the last one in Shapeir, you end up getting the 15/16 element of the story, and never get the 16/16 because you're in Raseir.

This is IMO a bad thing. Any chance this could be corrected so a fighter hero can do both? Such as keep EOF open for a while yet while it's still "middle of the night", and only close it when it becomes "not yet dawn"?

Personally I'd just give the finger to the EOF (my current character is a future Paladin and isn't any more impressed with EOF than Uhura was) and spend time with my Katta friends instead, except EOF is where Puzzle Points and Paladin Points are... :(

EDIT: I just noticed that you guys did try to fix this, with the final dialogue supposed to catch up, but it didn't quite work. The final conversation is buggy. Here's how it worked for me, when I went to EOF on day 15 and then had the last midnight-tea-with-katta-friends event on night 16.

If I first clicked on Talk about Adventures, I told both the 15th and 16th piece of my story, so far so good. However, after that I clicked on Talk a bout Kattas, and they only told one piece, not both remaining ones. And the final dialogue didn't fire, the one about how things have come full circle.

If I first clicked on Talk about Kattas, it's even more buggy. They still tell only one pieces of the remaining two, and then if I do Talk about Adventures, absolutely nothing happens. Then if I click on it again, it says that I "already told them that". Definitely a bug.

I tried to attach a savegame to this post, but for some reason that didn't work... here's a link instead:
http://senamika_saighan.webs.com/Misc/agssave.zip

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: BUG with EOF/Katta midnight tea

#2 Post by Erpy » Thu May 20, 2010 2:39 pm

I noticed this myself too. The "talk about yourself"-option catches up as expected, but the "talk about them"-option does not. I fixed it too, so when a new build comes out, this'll be corrected.

Markus Ramikin
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by Markus Ramikin » Thu May 20, 2010 3:55 pm

Great :) Any rough idea when that will be?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Thu May 20, 2010 4:44 pm

I'm afraid not.