Random rants go here.

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Re:  Random rants go here.

#601 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:01 pm

Today is the day we hear back on whether or not we're accepted for a townhouse we've applied for. It's the only affordable one available that suits our needs after our landlord isn't allowing us to renew our lease in our current dwelling place. So if this falls through we'd have to find another place by Aug 1st. So this place is just going to have to work out! Keep fingers crossed.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#602 Post by Lady Pyro » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:02 pm

Best of luck MI, I hate apartment hunting

Whoa, my compy is MESSED. Restarting it yields a black screen with movable cursor. It seems pure luck in 'restart roulette' that actually lets me work on it. I'd chalk it up to bad luck but I think I deserved this one, at least I hope I can fix it... I've learned my lesson!

MusicallyInspired

#603 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:34 pm

There's always Safe Mode. And then you can go to Event Viewer in Administrative Tools from the Control Panel to see what's happening.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#604 Post by Lady Pyro » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:37 pm

Actually safe mode does the same things, black screen, viewable mouse...the only difference is a border that says 'safe mode'. It's all quite strange, but thank you.

MusicallyInspired

#605 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:54 pm

Sounds like Explorer.exe is having trouble starting (that's what powers the desktop icons and the start menu bar).

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#606 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:12 pm

What is up with family? My sister's husband says he can't do any work on my computer anytime soon. But he is a computer technician and he can't help his own brother in law. I say screw him and my sister. >:

MusicallyInspired

#607 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:31 pm

Maybe he's busy? Just a thought.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#608 Post by Lady Pyro » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:21 pm

Mi: That would make sense. I probably lost something vital while cleaning out some viruses I obtained while doing completely moral things on the internet...yes... :D . Almost time for the annual crash anyway. I'm going to get my parents to send up my Windows CD (which I stupidly left in Nova Scotia) and just reboot the silly machine.

Seph: I have to agree with MI, he's probably busy or worn out. Especially if he's a computer tech anyway, I mean, who wants to fix computers all day and then come home and fix computers? Free services provided by family and friends are really nice favours, not mandatory obligations. Enjoy them when they come, but you can't expect them on demand.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#609 Post by navynuke04 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:04 pm

Business trip to Denver for training... Talked my company into extending the trip a few days in exchange for driving my own car instead of flying. Because I drove, I was able to bring my family with me. This has turned into a nine day vacation for us and is costing us next to nothing.

We have already been to the Royal Gorge and Pikes Peak. We plan on doing a lot more before we head back on Sunday.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#610 Post by DrJones » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:41 pm

Finally got my driver's license. Yai! :D

MusicallyInspired

#611 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:33 pm

MusicallyInspired wrote:Today is the day we hear back on whether or not we're accepted for a townhouse we've applied for. It's the only affordable one available that suits our needs after our landlord isn't allowing us to renew our lease in our current dwelling place. So if this falls through we'd have to find another place by Aug 1st. So this place is just going to have to work out! Keep fingers crossed.
Well it wasn't that day but I finally heard back just now. We got the place! Yaay! We won't be homeless on Saturday! Seriously, we wouldn't have had anywhere else to go if this didn't work out. But it did. I may not have internet for a little while after we move, but I'll be back eventually.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#612 Post by Erpy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:27 pm

Congratulations. :)

crayauchtin
Royal Servant Status

#613 Post by crayauchtin » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:34 am

I can go for months with almost no new work in my event promoting business, then all of a sudden it just piles on at once.

Don't get me wrong -- I like the work. I like to be busy. And I definitely like the money.

But how am I supposed to have time for all of this??? I have a day job too! Does everyone synchronize their watches and come at me at once or is this coincidence? I only have four weeks to put together two months of weekly events, two (or maybe four or five) special parties (and wouldn't it be great if other people would answer me emails so I can actually do my job??), AND a press packet for a performer not to mention draw up contracts for each of this things.

And eat and sleep? And socialize -- because going out on the town regularly helps me promote my events?

And of course, none of this includes the promotions I have to do every week anyways!

As exciting as this all is, I really wish I had the money for some employees so I could delegate but I won't have that til after I've killed myself getting all of this done. Agh!

I guess I should probably get off the forums now, and either sleep (hah!) or do some work, huh? Le sigh.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#614 Post by navynuke04 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:41 am

We've had a couple guys in frm The Netherlands working on some equipment where I work. Nice guys. Their accents remind me of Stijn. Hard to believe it's been over five years since we were initiated into the group at the Grand Canyon.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#615 Post by Erpy » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:27 am

I had an accent? :p

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#616 Post by Spikey » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:54 pm

MusicallyInspired wrote:
MusicallyInspired wrote:Today is the day we hear back on whether or not we're accepted for a townhouse we've applied for. It's the only affordable one available that suits our needs after our landlord isn't allowing us to renew our lease in our current dwelling place. So if this falls through we'd have to find another place by Aug 1st. So this place is just going to have to work out! Keep fingers crossed.
Well it wasn't that day but I finally heard back just now. We got the place! Yaay! We won't be homeless on Saturday! Seriously, we wouldn't have had anywhere else to go if this didn't work out. But it did. I may not have internet for a little while after we move, but I'll be back eventually.
Congrats MI.

Well, I'm moving, too. My boyfriend and I are currently seperating, and it's his house we've been living in for the past three years. Even though he offered me to stay there since he's moving to Bruxelles anyway, it didn't feel right to stay at all, I mean, I don't want to depend on somebody like that.

Well good news is, I bought a great appartment last month and will move early october! Yay.

crayauchtin
Royal Servant Status

#617 Post by crayauchtin » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:19 pm

Sorry to hear about your separation, Spikey. :( At least it sounds like it's a fairly amicable split though!

Billetwound
Royal Servant Status

#618 Post by Billetwound » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:06 pm

Random Rant: BP Should Pay for a Re-Release of EcoQuest :lol

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#619 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:20 am

I just popped in here to say that Spikey has one of the best quotes in his signature that I have ever read.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#620 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:10 pm

Haha! I found this video hilarious! Now, that's one persistent goose.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#621 Post by DrJones » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:42 pm

That reminds me of the rabbit that attacked Jimmy Carter while he was fishing.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#622 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:45 pm

Anyone here got a Mac and would like to volunteer to give the newest Mac builds of King's Quest I and King's Quest II a quick playthrough to make sure they work properly before we release them to the public? Let me know.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#623 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:35 pm

I'll do it.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#624 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:38 pm

Okay, thanks. I'm still waiting for the files to be sent my way, but send me an email at info@AGDInteractive.com and I'll send you the info when it's ready. ;)

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#625 Post by Brainiac » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:48 pm

Ladies and Genetlemen, I give you LordKat's Top Ten Hardest Adventure Games.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/bt/lk/ ... ture-games