Download Glitch?

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

The Guy
Knight Status

Download Glitch?

#1 Post by The Guy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:14 pm

Hey all, been a very long time as work is a bit distracting and a bit more demanding. Yesterday I went to download the updated versions of King's Quest I & II. I left my room during the download to return and notice that after KQIvga had finished, it was only around 55 megs & was actually labeled Kqvga41.exe. Whereas the download page states that the current version is 4.0, so I wasn't sure what happened. I re-downloaded it and it appears to be the correct version. I alos have a screenshot of the download list:

http://a.imageshack.us/img842/1760/kq1vga.jpg

Dunno if it has happened to anyone else, but thought I'd let you know all the same.

Cheers

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Download Glitch?

#2 Post by Erpy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:55 pm

AGD2 recently uploaded a version of KQ1VGA that was compiled with a more recent version of the AGS engine that would be more compatible with newer OSses. The difference in file size is interesting. Does the game run? My guess is that AGD2 didn't include the voice pack with the version that was sent to the testers to save upload time/space and when putting it on the main site, forgot it wasn't included.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#3 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:11 pm

A small handful of servers have version 4.1 on them, and others still only have version 4.0. We're currently in the process of uploading them to all the other servers, which is why we haven't made an official announcement yet.

You probably downloaded a file that was still in the process of uploading to the server at the time. Your best bet would probably be to wait until we make the official announcement and then try again. It should only be a few days away at most.

The Guy
Knight Status

#4 Post by The Guy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:11 pm

Unfortunately Erpy, it is an incomplete download as it states:

The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:21 pm

I stand corrected.