Playstation Store Movies in French

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Playstation Store Movies in French

#1 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:04 pm

What the heck is going on? My PS3 is set up in English, my Playstation Store/PSN account is set up in English, the descriptions and pictures of the movies are in English, but when I go to preview a movie they're all in French. What in the world is going on?? I've searched this up and apparently if you've created your PSN account in French (in Canada) it's impossible to change and Sony actually tells you to make a new account. I didn't make any accounts in French, I made them all in English so what gives? It's like they made all Canadian accounts in French by default. Any other Canadian PS3 owners that can shed some light on this? It's really quite annoying. If I can't solve this I'll never rent or buy movies on PSN. I'll use my XBox instead.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

Re: Playstation Store Movies in French

#2 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:30 pm

This is a peculiar issue, whats the problem with resetting your PSN account? Would you lose anything? I wouldn't recommend streaming through the Xbox though since it requires Xbox live gold on top of Netflix which is really quite awful, I know you have a Wii though so you could use that freely but you wouldn't get HD. Assuming your using Netflix that is.

MusicallyInspired

#3 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:41 pm

Renting movies on XBL Video Marketplace (Zune) does not require Gold. I've done it for a few movies already.

Is it possible to reset your PSN account? Either way, I made a new one again in English for my wife's PS3 login and it's still in French. Actually, it seems only a handful of movie previews are in French and the rest are English. The Expendables and A Christmas Carol (animated) are both in French among others probably.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#4 Post by navynuke04 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:24 pm

I guess you don't speak French?

MusicallyInspired

#5 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:49 pm

Are you saying just because I'm Canadian that means I speak both french and english? :p

Lambonius
Knight Status

#6 Post by Lambonius » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:10 am

MusicallyInspired wrote:Are you saying just because I'm Canadian that means I speak both french and english? :p
Well don't you? ;)

MusicallyInspired

#7 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:16 am

:\

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#8 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:40 pm

I do.

I would call Sony support with a new account ready to be made and have them walk you through it. If you follow all the steps and it doesn't work then I'm sure they'll do something for you. Silly that marketplace renting is free on XBL but Netflix requires Gold.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#9 Post by Brainiac » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:43 am

Do you think it could be a Québécois conspiracy, eh?

Had to say it. :lol