Scream 4

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

Scream 4

#1 Post by FatherGhostface » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:15 pm

So a couple of months ago, I considered BURSTING in here and gushing about the upcoming, long awaited, highly anticipated SCREAM 4!!! But hled myself back at that moment because I was pretty sure none of you would've cared in the slightest, but now I really can't hold back! I wanna shout it from the rooftops!

Now if any you remember how I was back then, you'd know that I'm completely over the moon EXCITED for this film.

It opens in theaters (in America) on 4-15-11, in any other countries...I forget. I encourage you to see the latest trailer for it on YT, I'd post a link to it myself but I would rather not face the wrath of Herpy----er, I mean ERPY. :) :p

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

Re: Scream 4

#2 Post by pbpb33 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:48 am

I'm with you. I'll be there on opening night. Screams 1 & 2 are pretty much 2 of my most favorite movies. I actually have a ghostface costume robe and mask hanging in my closet and in sight as I type this. I usually wear just the robe and hood part on Halloween and make some other kind of costume out of it. Eek, I really need to move that thing in my closet. It keeps freaking me out. Didn't you think Scream 3 was kinda bad? I haven't been following much of what Scream 4 will be about (I guess it's all top secret?), but isn't it true that Gale Weathers will be back? I loved that character. Will be interesting to see the new opening sequence... I wonder if they'll get another big name to do a cameo and get killed in it. The openings to Screams 1 and 2 were very memorable.

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

#3 Post by FatherGhostface » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:13 pm

LOL! YAY! Yeah Scream 3 felt like a Scooby Doo mystery to say the least (but I ADORED Parker Posey's character in the movie). The reason Scream 3 was so light on the blood and gore and violence was because of the Columbine Massacre that had happened around the time they were making it. They felt it would be in bad taste at the time to have excessive violence and gore. Infact, the original idea was to have S3 take place back in Woodsboro with Sidney, Gale, and Dewey again along with a new cast of teens and there was even a scene at the high school where the killer goes on a killing spree around the school and begins stabbing several students, it was supposed to be very disturbing and brutal, but ultimately cut because of Columbine. Now YES----Scream 4 does have the original survivors returning (including Gale Weathers ;) ) and they are going with the concept they had for S3 with it taking place in Woodsboro with some new teens (one of them being Sidney's cousin Jill) and it is said that TWO girls die in the opening scene this time around.

They say it'll be the bloodiest Scream yet, so I a bit scared of what extremes they'll go to in this one. It is WES CRAVEN after all whose directing...

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#4 Post by pbpb33 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:26 pm

I haven't seen any of these movies in years, but there are so many cool parts that I remember vividly from the first two: #1) the opening, the finale, gale gets punched scene, the school bathroom scene, Sidney being chased up the stairs and in #2) the opening, the sorority house sober sister scene, the police car scene, the sound editing room scene and that ingenious, freaky deaky Greek tragedy play rehearsal scene. I watched those movies over and over. To be honest, I don't remember much of anything about Scream 3, which I never wanted to see a second time. All I can remember is something about green masks at the beginning, Jenny McCarthy acting corny and a bunch of characters scared to leave a house. I can't remember how the Scream 3 gore level compared to that of the first two movies, but I don't think the amount of gore is what soured me on Scream 3... though I don't think I was as on edge while watching #3. I remember the third movie didn't seem as clever or have the same kind of self-aware humor as 1 and 2. Didn't they have a different writer for #3?

I think Scream 4 is going to be a perfect date movie. It will be scary and sexy in parts and you can hold hands and try to figure out together who you think the killer is. I'm really looking forward to it! :D

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

#5 Post by FatherGhostface » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:13 pm

Yeah Ehren Kruger was brought in to rewrite Scream 3, and so without Kevin Williamson, the movie lacked the wit and cleverness. BUT----Kevin Williamson is the one who wrote Scream 4 now so it will have the witty dialoge and be self-aware. :)

Some script sides were released on the internet for those who wanted to audition for S4, and I read some of them and the dialoge is genius and clever. I won't say anymore as I'm not sure you or anyone else wants to know too much.

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#6 Post by pbpb33 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:34 pm

What did you think of the first official Scream 4 trailer? I just now saw it. I think they could have done a much better job with it. It's nowhere near as good as the Scream 2 trailer, and for almost thirty seconds they play this weird music that sounds like someone using a jackhammer with a tambourine attached to it... kind of an odd choice. Did you hear that? Kind of takes away from the dramatic effect and leaves me a bit flat.

Despite the official trailer, I'm very excited about the movie!

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

#7 Post by FatherGhostface » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:02 am

I LIKED it, the Scream 2 trailer and even the Scream 3 trailer had me more pysched honestly. Are you talking about the "Trouble in Woodsboro" music? That song has been in pretty much all of the Screams. Haven't you heard it before? Huh. Oh well!

I *THINK* they are making a new trailer, that was more of a teaser I guess you could say. I *THINK* it comes out in January or maybe Febuary? Meh, the movie doesn't come out till April. One thing I did find amusing was the ending of the trailer where he says "I hear you like horror movies.." and the girl gets weirded out and hands the phone to her friend saying "Its for you!". LOL! :lol

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#8 Post by pbpb33 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:50 am

I just took another look at the Scream 4 trailer... are there different versions?

The trailer I was talking about is only 56 seconds long... (hope it's ok to post this link)... here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJII_7dH8Rc

Do you hear the "music" that starts at :23 in?

But I looked again and saw a longer, better one without that annoying jackhammer sound that I originally heard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlaZfOiGaCU

The music in the second is WAY better. Yeah, the music you're talking about sounds familiar and distinctive. I like it. When I saw the first trailer I was disappointed because it made the movie seem like just any other movie. But the longer one has a variation of the famous catchphrase ("do you like scary movies?"), alludes to the fact that Scream led to a rebirth of these kinds of movies and gives the impression that this movie will definitely be a cut above most recent slasher movies. Hey, did you notice the "Stab" movie poster in the pic of that classroom scene? Very nice! :-)

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

#9 Post by FatherGhostface » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:07 pm

Ah you saw the 'SCREAM Awards' teaser, okay, lol! Good to know you saw the other one too, yeah I noticed a lot of things that made me realize that the powers that be behind 'Scream 4' know what they are doing and that gives me great hope for this movie. I simply can't wait for April 15th, simply cannot!! :rollin

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#10 Post by pbpb33 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:33 pm

I just hope that no super fans dress up in costume on opening night like some movie extras did in the opening scene of Scream 2. I don't think I could deal with that. :eek I couldn't deal with seeing someone in that mask sitting a few seats from me in the dark... would freak me out too much.