Problem allocating stat points in Mac version

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Lambonius
Knight Status

Problem allocating stat points in Mac version

#1 Post by Lambonius » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:28 am

Hey guys, this may very well be my mistake, but I can't seem to figure out how to allocate points to my stats in the Mac version. With the standard single-button mouse, clicking, control-clicking, and command-clicking do not seem to do anything, nor do the arrow keys. I feel like I must be missing something. Any help would be appreciated. :)

haradan
Knight Status

Re: Problem allocating stat points in Mac version

#2 Post by haradan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:23 am

Open up System preferences in your Apple Menu and go to Trackpad. Make sure the option "Use two fingers to make secondary click" (or something like that) is ON.

There. You just need to use this kind of secondary click (two fingers on the trackpad + click) to add points while the normal click will substract points.

Or you can plug a normal mouse if you have one just to assign the points, but it works perfectly with the trackpad.

Lambonius
Knight Status

#3 Post by Lambonius » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:12 pm

Ah thanks. I knew there had to be something I was missing. :) I'll try that when I get home. Silly Macs.

Lambonius
Knight Status

#4 Post by Lambonius » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:15 am

Just an update--my secondary click functionality wasn't enabled, so I did that, and it works now. Still though, you may want to add a point about making sure you have right-click functionality enabled in the readme for the Mac version, since I could see this being a common issue for unsuspecting Mac users. Not sure why the arrow keys weren't working though (and still aren't.) I haven't yet tried combat, so I'll report back to make sure that works properly, too.

haradan
Knight Status

#5 Post by haradan » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:07 am

Yes, I think it's disabled by default, so many users may never know they can do that, unless they explore their system preferences or read their manuals (and we all know most users won't be doing neither very often) so I also think is a good idea to add a little note in the game manual, which most users probably won't read anyway! :lol

Well, maybe if they have this problem, they will read the manual, or at least the readme file as Lambonius points, so definitely a good idea.