Heroes and Villains

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Heroes and Villains

#1 Post by Brainiac » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:00 am

OCRemix and The Bad Dudes have teamed up to release a new remix album. Why does it matter here? Because they remixed the themes of both Guybrush and LeChuck!

Enjoy!

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

Re: Heroes and Villains

#2 Post by pbpb33 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:29 pm

I love this!! Just added to my ipod. Great to play while running! I can't decide which of the two I like better... it's so cool how they mixed in the "pirate song" with the MI theme in the first one... and I also love how in the second one they worked the PC internal speaker sounds into the LeChuck theme, which is one of my favorite game themes of all time!

Lambonius
Knight Status

Re: Heroes and Villains

#3 Post by Lambonius » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:15 pm

I VASTLY prefer the LeChuck remix to the Guybrush one. I just hate metal so much. It is so bland and cliche, and making "metal" versions of well-known musical themes is ridiculously overdone. YAWN.

The LeChuck remix on the other hand, is fresh and inspired. It's a great version that really highlights the fantastic melody and rhythm of the original song by mixing things up a bit with more of a funky take on it. The 8-bit music section is very well done as well, and amazingly, feels like it fits right in to the regular instrumentation. Love it!!