Movie Galaxy Quest like Space Quest?

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

Movie Galaxy Quest like Space Quest?

#1 Post by pbpb33 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:58 pm

I saw Galaxy Quest in the theater when it first came out. I thought it was great! In case you haven't heard of the movie, it's an action adventure comedy that's also a spoof of Star Trek fandom. Anyway, I saw some of it again recently, and I remembered how back when the movie first came out it reminded me so much of the Space Quest games (which also spoof Star Trek at times). I am convinced that the movie's writers had played the Space Quest games! 8)) Both have goofy, bumbling heroes that employ comical, unusual means to get out of sticky plot situations. Tim Allen's character acts just like Roger at times, and some of the scenes in the movie seem like they would have fit in a Space Quest game perfectly... some of the ways the Galaxy Quest characters defeat the bad guys remind me so much of the typical Sierra adventure game puzzle solution logic. The whole tone of the movie just feels very Space Quest. And then there's the "Quest" in the title.

Anyone else here think of Space Quest while watching the movie?

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Re: Movie Galaxy Quest like Space Quest?

#2 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:32 pm

Fantastic movie. Never thought of Space Quest at all. It bears more resemblance to Star Trek than anything. In fact, it's kinda based on the notion that William Shanter was an egomaniac and was full of himself while everybody hated him.

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

#3 Post by eriqchang » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:25 am

Galaxy Quest is my favourite film - hands down. Of ALL time. ;)

Never gets tired. Never gets boring... reminds me why I love doing what I do today.

goatmeal
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by goatmeal » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:34 am

By Grabthar's Hammer...

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

#5 Post by eriqchang » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:42 am

"Oh ... what a savings."

LOLOLOL!

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#6 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:56 am

...by the Suns of Wyvern.... you shall be avenged!

I also like the bad-dubbing at the end when Gwen DeMarco looks at the crazy trap in front of the device they're trying to get to, and says "Forget This" when it was obviously something else..... edited to get a PG-13! Hahah.... woulda been funnier with the original line.

Bt

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#7 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:31 am

She said "Well, screw that!" Heh I always noticed that looked weird. Never thought of it being dubbed. That would have been funny lol.