Awards? *possible spoilers*

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Awards? *possible spoilers*

#26 Post by Erpy » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:14 pm

No. Several of them are mutually exclusive.

Linnau
Peasant Status

#27 Post by Linnau » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:30 pm

Erpy wrote:Tossing it was enough actually.

As for 'Enry, think back to the most defining attribute of his personality. (btw, this one takes quite a bit of work to get)

hmm...since I don't believe that Alex can grow a beard, then maybe talking non-stop? Maybe you get this reward for having all possible conversations in the game?

What's about Roger Wilco, btw?

And Bobbin, I don't believe you can get them all in one run since some of them apparently contradict each other (Perfectionist and Underachiever, for instance).

Billetwound
Royal Servant Status

#28 Post by Billetwound » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:24 pm

So i just ran thru the game for the 3rd time. this time i got 207 points in a little over 3 hours.
Earned:
Dag-Nab-It
Problem Child
Molasses
Klutz
Mr. Bigglesworth (Again)
Legenimor
Godilocks

The other previous times i got
Marathon
Perfectionist
Insomniac
Mr. Bigglesworth (ive gotten this all 3 times)

I tried to figure out the Roger Wilco one. Thinking that hes a janitor, i did all of the house hold chores of cleaning and all that, then when i was on the boat i tried sweeping everything, both ledges, the kitchen, the upper deck, outside the captains quarters, the captains quarters, out side the shipmates quarters, and both parts of the storage area. i even went back after i was ready to leave the ship to go to the shore and got the broom back out of the kitchen (thinking maybe you had to finish the game with the broom). But it didn't work.

I also screwed up this time and i keep grabbing the fish before i have the spell ready to listen and talk to animals. So i guess i lost the Dolittle there. And i also just have the urge to kick the cat anytime i see it, so that probably disqualifies the pacifist award.

Someone said they got Stockholm from talking to Manannan the 4 times. I tried this as well this time ( Normally i just ignore him) but everytime i fed him i talked to him until it said I couldn't and i didn't get this one either.

Gonna figure out a game plan for the next time i play thru it.

Linnau
Peasant Status

#29 Post by Linnau » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:36 pm

I'm the one who got the Stockholm, but I just guessed that the reason was the dialogs with Manannan. I can't really think of anything else.

I was sure that if you cleaned everything you would get the "Neat Freak" award, but you didn't. Maybe you missed a spot ;)

Did you use map or stone in your first playthrough? (I wonder about the "Marathon")

Do you have any idea what you had to do to get Molasses and Legenimor?

Billetwound
Royal Servant Status

#30 Post by Billetwound » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:52 pm

The 1st time i played thru, i walked everywhere, i didn't use the map or stone. I never thought of using them the first time cause i wanted to just see everything and walking was a good way to do that. Just in case some scripts were triggered by entering screens, and i didn't want to miss them.

The Molasses one i think is a time frame one. the other times i finished the game i think in 1 hour 40+ mins and the Second i did in under 1 hour 15 mins. But this time i ran the clock up to 3 hours. so i was thinking it might mean "Slow as Molasses".

I'm like 99% sure i got everything. but it could also be the amount of times you clean them. At 1st i was doing working on the Problem Child thing till i sat down next to him in the kitchen and he killed me cause he couldn't deal with me anymore. Thats when i started doing the house chores. ( feed chickens, empty chamber pot, dust library, and sweep kitchen.) And i went the extra mile on the ship , and all they make you dust in there is in the Captains Quarters.

As for the Legenimor one.... I'm not sure what i did different this time then the other times. I mean i talked to everyone i could this time around for the most part. Talked to the Oracle again as she was fading out. Talked to the ghost before i messed with the treasure chest a few times to see if i could get out of taking the orb. (Aiming for the Consolation one but that was a no go.)

As for the Stockholm one, i'm not sure, i do know that i talk to him the 4 times before it wouldn't let me talk to him anymore. but i do remember i didn't try to go thru the pirates stuff this time either. ( they kidnapped you too) so that could have been what was missing this time. I really don't know.

Linnau
Peasant Status

#31 Post by Linnau » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:05 pm

I just found out that you can find a statuette in the treasure chest. I didn't know that before. Maybe finding it is what gets the Legenimor award, or maybe trying to give it to The Father (what happens then?).

I didn't know the expression "slow as molasses" (English is not my native language), so I guess it makes sense, and therefore it's the opposite of the "blue hedgehog". So probably the pairs of opposites are:

-Perfectionist/Underachiever
-Marathon/Shortcut
-Neat Freak/Sloth
-Molasses/Blue Hedgehog
-Insomniac/Rise and Shine
-'Enry the 'Ermit/Wallflower

Not sure about the last two. Maybe I'll also try a replay, but not right now.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#32 Post by Erpy » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:14 pm

-Perfectionist/Underachiever
-Molasses/Blue Hedgehog
-'Enry the 'Ermit/Wallflower
Yep
-Marathon/Shortcut
-Insomniac/Rise and Shine
Nope.
-Neat Freak/Sloth
More or less, though Neat Freak has a few additional conditions that Sloth does not have.

In addition, there's two more awards that form an opposite pair.

Linnau
Peasant Status

#33 Post by Linnau » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 pm

Erpy wrote: In addition, there's two more awards that form an opposite pair.
Hmmm. Maybe "Pacifist" and "Infamous"?

Linnau
Peasant Status

#34 Post by Linnau » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:21 pm

Just got another idea.

When you get to Daventry, there's this rock in the middle of the path. You can scale it, but you can also get past it by just rubbing the stone. Could it be that this is how you get the "Shortcut" award?

Billetwound
Royal Servant Status

#35 Post by Billetwound » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:13 pm

Linnau wrote:Just got another idea.

When you get to Daventry, there's this rock in the middle of the path. You can scale it, but you can also get past it by just rubbing the stone. Could it be that this is how you get the "Shortcut" award?
Well i loaded my saved game on the shore, and walked to that screen and used stone, and it took me to the end of the path. and i quick ran to the end of the game, but it didn't give me the award for it. Not saying it has nothing to do with the award, but there might be more to it then just that. Maybe other possible shortcuts.

quest
Peasant Status

#36 Post by quest » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:20 pm

Erpy wrote:You didn't hex-edit anything, did you?
Yes, I did take that shortcut. :o I am not proud of it but the moment I heard there was a debug mode in the game, I had to see it. This makes me wonder, did you guys implement a similar mechanism in KQ1 and KQ2? (since both KQ3 and QFG2 have it).

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#37 Post by Erpy » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:24 pm

No, only QFG2 and KQ3 have it. Anyway, I don't support hex-editing it in. It's perfectly possible to unlock it the adventure gamers' way.
Nope, but you're getting there. Not all shortcuts are taken by scaling, however.

Fender178
Knight Status

#38 Post by Fender178 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:08 pm

what does Legenimor award mean. I got that along with the Insomniac and Perfectionist award. and i know what those mean.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#39 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:12 pm

It means you didn't find a specific item which gives you an alternate ending.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#40 Post by Erpy » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:14 pm

The Legenimor award has several criteria, but all the criteria are related to one specific thing.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#41 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:14 am

No, some awards are mutually exclusive and cancel other awards out.

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

#42 Post by TriniMage » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:10 am

TriniMage wrote:I finished in 3h 25m and 34s with 306 pts.
I got the following awards: Molasses; Insomniac; Stockholm amd Klutz.
I used the mirror on Medusa.
Replayed and finished in 2:12:36 with 210 points... Also added the Perfectionist and Dag-nab-it...
Really enjoyed this version.

[EDIT] Played again and finished in 1:43:10 with 210 points... Added the Legenimor and Goldilocks awards...
I am sure the Goldilocks award is for trying out all the beds, chairs and porridge in the Behr’s Home...
Can’t figure the Legenimor award... The only other action I am conscious of is eating the mutton, bread and fruit at the table after I changed Mananan into a cat... I was trying for the Gluttony award here...

Incidentally if you make the 'Understanding the Language of Creatures' spell before you get the cat fur you will not get the 1 point for the cat fur ... (posted this as a separate thread)...
Last edited by TriniMage on Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:55 am, edited 4 times in total.

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

#43 Post by TriniMage » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:16 am

Brainiac wrote:
TriniMage wrote:I finished in 3h 25m and 34s with 306 pts.
Did that get you a "Cheater Award"? :p
LOL ... I have been trying to figure out the "Cheater" reference until I read this message to realize it should have been 206 points...

Radogol
Royal Servant Status

#44 Post by Radogol » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:37 pm

Erpy wrote:Awards that you unlock stay unlocked permanently.
Does that mean that I can boot up the game, start a new playthrough, and the ones I've unlocked will already be there when I finish? Or do I have to load a save, see the ending and only then start anew?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#45 Post by Erpy » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:49 pm

It means that after you've completed the game, you can reboot the game, start a new game and play through again in a different fashion and awards you've unlocked the first time around will still be there even if you don't get them on your second time through.

Radogol
Royal Servant Status

#46 Post by Radogol » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Erpy wrote:It means that after you've completed the game, you can reboot the game, start a new game and play through again in a different fashion and awards you've unlocked the first time around will still be there even if you don't get them on your second time through.
Thank you! So I assume the awards are saved automatically and in a separate file?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#47 Post by Erpy » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:22 pm

Yes.

MartijnF
Peasant Status

#48 Post by MartijnF » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:08 pm

Linnau wrote: Pacifist: maybe choosing the more peaceful approach to both medusa and the Yeti? just a guess...
You mean there's a non-peaceful approach to taking care of the Yeti? :eek

ATMachine
Royal Servant Status

#49 Post by ATMachine » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:17 pm

Would I be right to guess that debug mode is the reward for getting all the awards? :)

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#50 Post by Erpy » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Would I be right to guess that debug mode is the reward for getting all the awards?
Yep.

Oh, and pacifist more relates to an aversion of weapons, rather than anything related to the yeti.