Manannan as a Cat *spoiler*

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

flyinghammy
Peasant Status

Manannan as a Cat *spoiler*

#1 Post by flyinghammy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:38 am

You can only find him as a cat on the first screen after he eats for porridge and I couldn't even pick him up or kick him. When I go to the next screen, his original Cat comes back and Manannan the cat is never to be found again. I would expect to see 2 cats running around the house.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Manannan as a Cat *spoiler*

#2 Post by Erpy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:47 am

Correct, once you leave the screen, he'll be out of your life.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#3 Post by Gronagor » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:06 am

We did consider having him in the game (as a cat) more, but we expected people to take out their frustration on poor M-cat. We can't condone violence against animals, even if he is an evil wizard who enslaved you for 18years. :p

Fien
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Fien » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:03 am

I was really hoping for a nice conversation or an interesting non-verbal encounter between the two black cats. ;) Especially since Mannanan's pet was hissing and threatening but didn't try to trip me on the stairs like in the original game. But I loved being killed by the cat after I'd been turned into a snail. And the "portrait" mewing. You have added so many cool touches!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:26 am

Especially since Mannanan's pet was hissing and threatening but didn't try to trip me on the stairs like in the original game.
Actually, there are times when the cat is seen in the stairway to the laboratory and getting ready to pounce. (but only if you return from the laboratory itself) If you walk past him and move too close to the edge, it'll pounce and push you to your death. You can avoid that by leaving and re-entering the screen, or staying clear from the edge.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#6 Post by DrJones » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:46 pm

I love how Manannan has the decency to choke at least once while eating the cat porridge you just prepared for him. :D

techie775
Knight Status

#7 Post by techie775 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:52 pm

Gronagor wrote:We did consider having him in the game (as a cat) more, but we expected people to take out their frustration on poor M-cat. We can't condone violence against animals, even if he is an evil wizard who enslaved you for 18years. :p

I thought you could kick Manannan the cat in the original and even when you did it he'd talk to you and say he'd get you on the stairs. It could have been the real cat but I always thought it was him when he said your name.

Fender178
Knight Status

#8 Post by Fender178 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:44 pm

What I liked about Manannan in this Remake if you done the understanding the language of creatures spell before you do the cat cookie spell then he can talk to you in his cat form and he says are random like the cat that you can actually kick.