Awards Criteria ***[MEGA SPOILERS]***

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

Awards Criteria ***[MEGA SPOILERS]***

#1 Post by TriniMage » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:33 am

So far from the awards I have obtained I think the following criteria apply:

Consolation Award – Getting no other award
Perfectionist Award - Get 210 score
Dag-nab-it Award – Use the knife on Spider Web
Blue Hedgehog Award - Enter the Castle's Gate by 38:48 to give a playing time of 38:59 *[EDIT] I reached the castle at about 32 mins, saved and the waited ending at 33, 34 35 etc. until 39... Then at 38 I ended after 38:15, 38:45... Then I went 38:46, 38:47, 38:48...
'Enry the 'ermit Award - Talking to everything and everyone
Underachiever Award - Complete with minimum of 171 score *[EDIT]* You can get a minimum of 170
Sloth Award – Don't do ANY chores
Lightweight Award - Carry six items when leaving Mannanans House, one you use to get onto the ship... so five items when boarding the ship. On the island don’t pick up the item
Problem Child Award – Defy Mannanan until he is about to kill you
Rise and Shine Award – Wake Mannanan up when he sleeps
Molasses Award – Take a long time to complete the game (not sure of the minimum time)
Scatterbrain Award - Leave the following open: drawers and cupboard, in Mannanan's room; trapdoor and wand cabinet in Mannanan's study; drawer in Behr's house; *[EDIT]* broken chair in Behr's House
Grudge Award – Turn Mannanan into a cat when he returns after the first time he leaves.
Gluttony Award – Eat the mutton, bread, fruit and porridge (it respawns to be used in the cat spell)
Insomniac Award – Don’t sleep
Wallflower Award – Don’t talk to anyone unless you have to do so. And then keep the conversation to a minimum
Pacifist Award – Leave the knife on the cave floor...
Neat Freak Award - Do All the chores and don't break the Baby Behr's chair- to be certain I did the chores more than once... *[EDIT]* Erpy says that he believes the ship does not count here viewtopic.php?f=32&t=14969&start=50
Shortcut Award – Take shortcuts to the west of the house as an eagle and to the top left of the screen at the bottom of the hill... there may be other short cuts...
Marathon Award – Complete without using Magic Map or Magic Stone
Stockholm Award – Keep Mannanan alive longer than necessary (after you have the ingredients to make the cat spell or the cookie.)??? Taking a long time to change him into a cat???
Klutz Award – Bumping ito the anchor and taking other non-lethal falls
Roger Wilco Award – Completing with the broom and fish
Infamous Award – Buying two drinks from the barmaid
Mr. Bigglesworth Award – Taking fur from the cat twice
Legenimor Award – Reading the hidden note in Manannan's desk, getting the ITEM and talking to the man in black at the end of the game and extended conversation with the Oracle and Seran
Dolittle Award – Talk to all animals and listen to all animal conversations (more than one from every pair of animals. *[EDIT]* Not sure if you have to talk to them???]
Goldilocks Award – Sit on all chairs, Taste all porridge, Sleep in all beds in the Behr's House
Last edited by TriniMage on Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:01 am, edited 13 times in total.

Chyron_8472
Royal Servant Status

Re: Awards Criteria ***[MEGA SPOILERS]***

#2 Post by Chyron_8472 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:36 am

TriniMage wrote: 'Enry the 'ermit Award - ???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Qu ... The_Hermit

I found this from Wikipedia:
List of Quest for Glory characters -> Henry the Hermit
Henry the Hermit lives alone in a cave upon a rocky ledge near the Flying Falls in the Valley of Spielburg. He is a magician, master cribbage player and source of information on all topics. Henry loves to talk and is known to be friends with the great wizard Erasmus, Erasmus's familiar Fenrus, and the mysterious Brigand Warlock. Henry can be quite ruthless when crossed, but otherwise is very friendly and always invites guests to 'hit the hay' in his glowing moss covered cave. He has a cockney accent.
TriniMage wrote:Sloth Award – Leave drawers and cupboards open when leaving the house???
Get sloth by doing no chores

You supposedly get Scatterbrain by leaving drawers open when you leave. I don't know if you can get neat freak and scatterbrain at the same time, but I know neat freak is the opposite of sloth.

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by TriniMage » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:46 am

To get ‘enry the ‘ermit award, I felt I talked to everyone as much as possible but did not get the award...
Talked extra to
Medusa After taking up the stone)
The Oracle (get back the mouth icon and click as she is about to fade out)
Seran (when he asks me to choose and when he presents the treasure)
Rosella (after untying her)
The Bard (after clicking on the pitcher)
The Pirate outside the ship before paying the Captain (you can only speak twice)
Talked to Mannanan in his sleep multiple times (you can only click once per session else he punishes you and if you aggravate him enough time he will kill you)
Talked to Mannanan while he is eating (until her refuses to talk to me)

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by TriniMage » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:50 am

Chyron_8472 wrote:You supposedly get Scatterbrain by leaving drawers open when you leave. I don't know if you can get neat freak and scatterbrain at the same time, but I know neat freak is the opposite of sloth.
Left the two drawers and cupboard in the bedroom, the wand cabinet and trapdoor open - did not get the scatterbrain but in that game got the sloth - but in all fairness also did not do any chores in that game...

Chyron_8472
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by Chyron_8472 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:50 am

I still have these left:

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by TriniMage » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:55 am

These are what I have earned so far:
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Chyron_8472
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by Chyron_8472 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:28 am

Did you also talk to Rosella after talking to the dwarf? You ask her why she shushed you.

edit: also I don't know if talking to the painting in the house counts

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by TriniMage » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:51 am

Chyron_8472 wrote:Did you also talk to Rosella after talking to the dwarf? You ask her why she shushed you.

edit: also I don't know if talking to the painting in the house counts
No... Can't find a saved game to play where I am sure that I talked to everyone before the dwarf scene...
I also tried to talk to her next to the man in black and I couldn't so will try on my next replay....

calvinfoo
Royal Servant Status

#9 Post by calvinfoo » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:33 am

Do we get reward for getting robbed?

Bobbin Threadbare
Royal Servant Status

#10 Post by Bobbin Threadbare » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:00 am

I think I did talk to everyone and get every speech from Mannannan as possible as I could. Still, I didn't get that hermit award. :?

Chyron_8472
Royal Servant Status

#11 Post by Chyron_8472 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:07 am

Chyron_8472 wrote:Now, I have these left:

I cleaned a bunch of times in the house, I cleaned a bunch of times on the ship, but no Neat Freak.
I kept the fish, but no Roger Wilco. Do I use it on something? (other than the eagle)
I did get Hermit. I talked to everyone. The painting; the first mate before the captain; both men at the boat on the beach at treasure island; Seran; Rosella before the gnome and after the gnome...

edit: ooh, and I also lured the yeti into the cave where he did have stuff to say.

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

#12 Post by TriniMage » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:11 pm

Chyron_8472 wrote:
Chyron_8472 wrote:Now, I have these left:

I cleaned a bunch of times in the house, I cleaned a bunch of times on the ship, but no Neat Freak.
I kept the fish, but no Roger Wilco. Do I use it on something? (other than the eagle)
I did get Hermit. I talked to everyone. The painting; the first mate before the captain; both men at the boat on the beach at treasure island; Seran; Rosella before the gnome and after the gnome...
edit: ooh, and I also lured the yeti into the cave where he did have stuff to say.
I swept the kitchen, emptied the chamber pot, dusted the library and fed the chickens every session (when Mannanan left on a journey or went to sleep.) I would empty the chamber pot before he went to sleep as I could not do it will he was asleep. Also swept every screen on the ship... Still no Neat freak award.
Did not get the hermit award - I did all you did and additionally talking to Mannanan every time he slept (only one as twice he would wake up an punish you or if he was at the end of his patience kill you.) However, I did not talk to the portrait after Mannanan became a cat...
To get the Roger Wilco award you need to keep the fish and broom... pick up the broom before you leave the ship...

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

#13 Post by TriniMage » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:17 pm

Any ideas on the Neat Freak and 'enry the 'ermit will be appreciated:

newcombm7
Peasant Status

#14 Post by newcombm7 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:30 pm

I believe you also have to get the Doolittle Award to get 'Enry the 'Ermit. Also, make sure you talk to Smaude before you walk up to her. You can also talk to the Yeti during the cliffs puzzle. Basically any time I saw any person, I tried to talk to them - including Mama Behr. As for the Neat Freak, just make sure you do all chores at the house. I guess probably making sure you haven't left any drawers/etc. open would probably be a good idea too.

calvinfoo
Royal Servant Status

#15 Post by calvinfoo » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:58 pm

TriniMage wrote:So far from the awards I have obtained I think the following criteria apply:

Sloth Award – Leave drawers and cupboards open when leaving the house???
Grudge Award – Turn Mannanan into a cat when he returns after the first time he leaves.
Klutz Award – Bumping ito the anchor and taking non-lethal falls
Sloth - Nope. I tried leaving everything open as below, but still no Sloth:
1. Manannan's Bedroom - two drawers, one cupboard
2. Manannan's Office - Secret Passage, Magic Wand Safebox
3. Behr's House - drawer

Grudge - I got this even after Manannan went to sleep (but I woke him up), unless "sleep" doesn't count as journey

Klutz - I tested on Secret Lab fall and Pirate Ship, and still give me Klutz

newcombm7
Peasant Status

#16 Post by newcombm7 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:16 pm

You can't do any chores (cleaning and such, you can feed Mannanan) if you want to get the Sloth award. The only time you're really asked to do one is right at the beginning of the game and you can skip that one - you'll get punished, but it gets you the award. The other things you listed wouldn't hurt. But I'm pretty sure I got it after not doing any chores.

Billetwound
Royal Servant Status

#17 Post by Billetwound » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:45 pm

TriniMage wrote:Any ideas on the Neat Freak and 'enry the 'ermit will be appreciated:
I believe Neat Freak involves alot of cleaning ( There might be a set number of times), all the cabinets closed, the cabinet with the wand closed (Maybe with the wand inside not sure), the basement closed and the drawer in the 3 Behrs house closed. and i'm not sure but i made sure i picked everything up. Including if you throw the knife in the cave to pick it back up.

As for 'Enry The 'Ermit you have to talk to everything. Just to be on the safe side. I also talked to the painting in the house, the mirror in the wizards room, the wizard's 4 talks in the dining room. The Wizard in the tower. The Wizard while he's asleep, Both Chickens, The cat - In random rooms, On the steps he has a different saying. Manannan as a cat, Smaude before you approach her, Smaude afterwards for all the conversations including after getting the stone, The 2 snakes, the 2 lizards, the 2 birds, the 2 squirrels, the dog, the shopkeeper, the gull, the eagle, the barmaid, the bard, the bard after clicking on the pitcher, mama behr, knocking on the door when papa behr answers, the 2 theives in the bar, the pirates, the first mate before you give money to the pirates 2 times, the oracle after the forced conversation, the two rats, The 2 pirates on the shore, the ghost during the test and before taking anything out of the chest, the first mate after getting assigned to do chores, the yeti during the Cave maze, the yeti after the cave maze, Rosella, Rosella after the dwarf, and The man in the cloak. I also Just double check and rapid fired clicked on everything just to make sure i got every line of conversation out of things.

calvinfoo wrote:
Sloth - Nope. I tried leaving everything open as below, but still no Sloth:
1. Manannan's Bedroom - two drawers, one cupboard
2. Manannan's Office - Secret Passage, Magic Wand Safebox
3. Behr's House - drawer

Grudge - I got this even after Manannan went to sleep (but I woke him up), unless "sleep" doesn't count as journey

Sloth - You can't do any chores, the 1st one you will get punished for, after he takes his 1st trip, all he will ask you to do is feed him which was said doesn't count as a chore. If you get caught in the Study or his bedroom he might assign you a chore after you are released, i'm not sure. but still you can't do it, but this also means you can't get the talking to animals spell. as you would have to feed the chickens to get the feather.

Chyron_8472
Royal Servant Status

#18 Post by Chyron_8472 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:49 pm

How does one get Roger Wilco?

I kept the fish all through the game, but no award.

ATMachine
Royal Servant Status

#19 Post by ATMachine » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:51 pm

Chyron_8472 wrote:How does one get Roger Wilco?

I kept the fish all through the game, but no award.
From what I've heard you also have to carry a cleaning implement when you reach the end. Perhaps one taken from a nautical environment.

Chyron_8472
Royal Servant Status

#20 Post by Chyron_8472 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:13 pm

ah. gotcha

well, here's my latest run.

I'm not sure what to do to get scatterbrain. I left the mansion's and behr's drawers/closet open, but no dice.

Also Neat freak. the run before last, I cleaned everything multiple times.

Billetwound
Royal Servant Status

#21 Post by Billetwound » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:33 pm

For the "Scatterbrain" award you have to leave both drawers and the cabinet open in Manannan's bedroom, and the Locked cabinet with the wand open and the steps to the basement open. And i think the drawer in the behrs house. The hint that we were all given was that it used to be called the litterbug award. So its basically just leaving everything as a big mess.

Neat Freak is kinda like the opposite of Sloth and Scatterbrain. There's probably alot of cleaning involved in it. As well as doing the opposite of scatterbrain (All Drawers, cabinets and the basement closed) I remember i would also keep going into the study while Manannan was in there and he'd order me to clean stuff, and i'd talk to him if he was in the Telescope room and he'd make me clean stuff. That might be involved to, i'm not sure. I got the neat freak award while working on the enry the ermit one so i know i was upsetting him alot, but being told to do chores isn't the same as being punished.

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

#22 Post by TriniMage » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:27 pm

calvinfoo wrote: Grudge - I got this even after Manannan went to sleep (but I woke him up), unless "sleep" doesn't count as journey

I did not get the Grudge Award when I gave Mannanan the tainted porridge after he woke up on his own. Interesting your discovery gives more time to get the award... How far along in the sleep did you wake him up? And would it still work if you woke him up just as he was about to do so on his own?

Ty bumping into the anchor near the store. I think the bumping it is controlled by some probability factor in the game as it does not always happen when you enter the scene...

Xandarius
Royal Servant Status

#23 Post by Xandarius » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:40 pm

I can't seem to get Scatterbrain. I've left the drawers and wardrobe open in M's room, left the trapdoor and wand cabinet open in the study, and the drawer open in the Behrs' house, but this doesn't seem to be enough. I even made sure to sit in Baby Behr's chair and break it. Any ideas?

Chyron_8472
Royal Servant Status

#24 Post by Chyron_8472 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:45 pm

Billetwound wrote:For the "Scatterbrain" award you have to leave both drawers and the cabinet open in Manannan's bedroom, and the Locked cabinet with the wand open and the steps to the basement open. And i think the drawer in the behrs house.
I did all of this. No reward though.

calvinfoo
Royal Servant Status

#25 Post by calvinfoo » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:50 am

TriniMage wrote:
calvinfoo wrote: Grudge - I got this even after Manannan went to sleep (but I woke him up), unless "sleep" doesn't count as journey

I did not get the Grudge Award when I gave Mannanan the tainted porridge after he woke up on his own. Interesting your discovery gives more time to get the award... How far along in the sleep did you wake him up? And would it still work if you woke him up just as he was about to do so on his own?

Ty bumping into the anchor near the store. I think the bumping it is controlled by some probability factor in the game as it does not always happen when you enter the scene...
1. I let him slept for a while, and i did not wake him up imediately for sure. About 5 mins? I assumed

2. No, I mean I DID fall on the Secret Lab, on the Pirate Ship, NOT on the anchor, but I STILL got Klutz