Point list?

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

LadyDragon
Peasant Status

Point list?

#1 Post by LadyDragon » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:57 am

First, kudos to the game. I really enjoyed it. I liked IA's, too, but I beat it to quick because it was much like the original, wich was fine by me because I enjoyed a "updated" version that did not require carpal tunnel symdrome by the end of the game from typing all those spells and ending up partial bald from walking where you could not see (big rock on path) and develop a natural hate of stairs due to using the arrow keys on the keyboard repeatedly. LOL Loved the new puzzles and new places (treasure Islands).

I was wondering if there is a point list somewhere? I have 208 and couldn't figure out what I missed. Question, how many points does the letter that I was "persistant" to get cost? I started over a few times (realising later there was no need :\ ) and I think I forgot that one. Did the spying, dealt with medusa the humane way..was thinking maybe it was that letter.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Point list?

#2 Post by Erpy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 am

The letter gets you 1 point. Another point that's missable is a "food" item that can only be given to the eagle instead of the mutton chop.

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by TriniMage » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:41 pm

LadyDragon wrote:I was wondering if there is a point list somewhere? I have 208 and couldn't figure out what I missed. Question, how many points does the letter that I was "persistant" to get cost? I started over a few times (realising later there was no need :\ ) and I think I forgot that one. Did the spying, dealt with medusa the humane way..was thinking maybe it was that letter.
If you look here you may find out where you missed points...
The common ones are (1) treating Smaude humanely so she doesn’t turn into stone and (2) not spying on the bandits
The less obvious ones most people don’t get are you failing to get Mannanan’s letter or encountering these bugs (1)making the cookie spell before you get the dog hair (you don’t get the point) (ii) Reading the journal, getting the code, and then restoring to before reading the journal and never reading the journal during rest of the game (you don’t get the point for opening the journal but are able to open the trapdoor in the levers puzzle)
So more than likely in your case it may have been the letter (1point ) and the bug with the dog fur (1 point) or if you restore often the journal bug (1 point)

LadyDragon
Peasant Status

#4 Post by LadyDragon » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:01 pm

Erpy wrote:The letter gets you 1 point. Another point that's missable is a "food" item that can only be given to the eagle instead of the mutton chop.

interesting. Those 2 has to be it, because I did not make the mistake of the spell bug, I knew about the spying thing from the original game, and I accidently ran accross a spoiler about maude when I was looking for a hint on something else so I dealt with her humanely to being with. Erpy, so, there is a food item that cost more than the mutton? I wish I new how many points there was before the end of the game.

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by TriniMage » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:16 pm

LadyDragon wrote: there is a food item that cost more than the mutton?
Its 1 point and free but you can't eat it - it can only be used with the eagle... You haven't asked about Awards, but it is also essential to find it for a few awards...

LadyDragon
Peasant Status

#6 Post by LadyDragon » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:21 pm

TriniMage wrote:
LadyDragon wrote: there is a food item that cost more than the mutton?
Its 1 point and free but you can't eat it - it can only be used with the eagle... You haven't asked about Awards, but it is also essential to find it for a few awards...
Oh. Erpy said it was a missable "food" item so, I assumed it was the 1 of the 2 other food items that I get in the kitchen besides the mutton and that is the item i gave the eagle. No? hmm. okay, starting over but trying for max points this time. As far a the awards, the game locked up with that exception that I get alot so, have no idea what award (s) I got because it stuck right before the list. :(

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by TriniMage » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:45 pm

LadyDragon wrote: Oh. Erpy said it was a missable "food" item so, I assumed it was the 1 of the 2 other food items that I get in the kitchen besides the mutton and that is the item i gave the eagle. No? hmm. okay, starting over but trying for max points this time. As far a the awards, the game locked up with that exception that I get alot so, have no idea what award (s) I got because it stuck right before the list. :(
When I first played I got 209... and then, like you, I replayed to get full points... Unfortunaltely, I still got 209... encountered the Cat Spell bug... After that the replays were to get the awards ... eventually got all 28 to unlock the debug mode...
Oh the 'eagle food' is not in the house and remember diet mut be varied...

LadyDragon
Peasant Status

#8 Post by LadyDragon » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:32 am

sounds like I know the 2 things I missed, the "other food" and the letter I forgot to get when I restarted, thinking I already got it. I don't think I sufferend the cat spell bug. speaking of that food item, I think I know where to get it but there was someone there sleeping on occasion but, never could figure out how to interact with him. any hints there or is that the wrong spot to get the item? if only I had a net. :lol

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#9 Post by navynuke04 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:12 am

LadyDragon wrote:if only I had a net. :lol
You are closer than you realize. Check the town screen. ;)

LadyDragon
Peasant Status

#10 Post by LadyDragon » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:25 am

:lol :rollin :p came back to edit my post and noticed yours. I realised something after I typed that, I gave MYSELF a hint. Remember there WAS a net. found it. geez. it's the simplist things that I miss. :\ :o