KQ3 General Thoughts

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Rolstin
Peasant Status

KQ3 General Thoughts

#1 Post by Rolstin » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:13 pm

I was happy to get an email that the KQ3 Redux was complete. It doesn't seem like that long ago that I played the KQ2, but it says my last visit to this forum was October, 2006. Wow.

In a way, I think the KQ2 Redux set the bar too high for the rest of these. The additions to the depth of the story were incredible. So, at first I was a bit disappointed that this stuck closer to the original.

The disappointment didn't last, and this is a fun redux. On one hand, it is a memory lane thing, but on the other, there are enough differences that I'm having plenty of trouble figuring stuff out.

I don't know how to make the barmaid give me the lute. I can't make Alex stick his hand in the hole to drop the rope. In the study, I about flipped when there were five levers behind the book instead of one. No clue yet how to deal with that.

When I played the original KQ3, there were no walkthroughs, websites, hints, or guide books, and that is, imho, how it should be.

KQ3 is the game that made me increase my RAM from 128K to 640K, and I'm happy to play it again. I still have my original copy, but it has been a while since I had a computer with a 5.25" disk drive.

Thanks for all the work on this. I've looked a bit, but not seen a [donate here] button. If I missed it, lead me to it. You've earned it again.

Radogol
Royal Servant Status

Re: KQ3 General Thoughts

#2 Post by Radogol » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:50 pm

Rolstin wrote:Thanks for all the work on this. I've looked a bit, but not seen a [donate here] button. If I missed it, lead me to it. You've earned it again.
Here you go: donate link :)

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: KQ3 General Thoughts

#3 Post by DrJones » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:20 pm

You can also preorder for the next Himalaya Game that will be released next year if everything goes according to the plans.