In the Mac version, I can't climb....

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

horus82
Peasant Status

In the Mac version, I can't climb....

#1 Post by horus82 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:51 am

I'm playing the game on a Macbook 2Ghz Intel Core Duo running the latest version of Snow Leopard. I'm enjoying the game, for the most part, but am having terrible problems trying to get the "feet" to go where I want it to AND I can't get Gwydion to climb (as in "up the boxes" at the Library). Can anyone help or tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Horus82

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: In the Mac version, I can't climb....

#2 Post by DrJones » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:12 am

Not all places in a room are walkable, and climbing is usually done with the hand cursor, mimicking the way it worked in Sierra VGA adventures. Have fun! :)

horus82
Peasant Status

Re: In the Mac version, I can't climb....

#3 Post by horus82 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:02 am

Hi!

Thanks for the tip! After my post, I sent another long one about how the game isn't working for me. As it turns out, I believe I've got a corrupted game; things I could do before saving -- like feed porridge to Man. -- I can't do after I restore (I get a "can't use that item here" error message), and I can't pick up anything, the "feet" go through walls, that kind of thing. I'm going to delete all the game files and download another copy and see what happens.

Thanks for helping me out! I hope my re-download is a clean copy and lets me play the game.

Thanks again
Horus82,