The Condor puzzle

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

colonel97062
Peasant Status

The Condor puzzle

#1 Post by colonel97062 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:48 am

I too am having trouble with the stupid Condor!!! No matter what the designers say, they made it way too difficult to solve!!!

Does anyone have a saved game for the condor puzzle with the correct points? If not, I will continue to solve it, and once I get to the scene where the Condor drops Graham off, I will upload the save game for that spot.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: The Condor puzzle

#2 Post by DrJones » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:55 am

That's what you get for eating the magic porrigde in front of the starving wife.

I always thought the magic porridge was better than any of the three daventry treasures. :p

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:25 pm

For some reason I am reminded of Jodo Kast who once stated his demo could only be found by people who were NOT trolls. :lol

Anyway, save yourself the trouble. The marked spot is right here:

Summer77
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by Summer77 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:35 pm

Erpy wrote:For some reason I am reminded of Jodo Kast who once stated his demo could only be found by people who were NOT trolls. :lol

Anyway, save yourself the trouble. The marked spot is right here:

Thanks for your suport I've appreciate the help by there and the pitcure sure came in handy thanks.

gameonly
Peasant Status

#5 Post by gameonly » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:41 pm

i have the same problem with the condor,any help will
be appreceaded,the old game had a wonderfull feature
you are able to type "jump",or press the key for jumping,here are missing the good things,i spent more
then 1 hour to catch the bird,and i failed,so please
help,from samuel schwartz

Lady Sibyl
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Lady Sibyl » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:39 am

I have the same problem. I go to the spot marked in the picture, but when I jump, all I get is a message saying "These rocks are too treacherous to climb." I use the Hand Icon to jump and I know (or at least think I know) I'm aiming for the bird because the little red dot on the Hand Icon is pointed right at it. Any more advice? I've tried about five times now and still can't hitch a ride. is there a right time to click? Should the condor's shadow be over me or just about over me or something? It's very frustrating. Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Mr. Math
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Mr. Math » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:35 pm

When does the condor appear? I've been waiting in front of the cave forever, and it's never shown up. Is there only a certain time when we're allowed to do this?

adeyke

#8 Post by adeyke » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:29 pm

The condor starts appearing when you've acquired the chest and the mirror.

Mr. Math
Peasant Status

#9 Post by Mr. Math » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:48 pm

So you *must* get the shield last? That's no good. The player should be able to obtain the three treasures in any order.

adeyke

#10 Post by adeyke » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:17 pm

The original AGI game did allow you to get them in any order, but the SCI remake (which AGDI's remake is based on) requires you to get the shield last. It's debatable which was the better design, but either way, it wouldn't be the only thing in KQ1 that fails to stand up to modern scrutiny.