It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Telltale should pick up QFG
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:50 am 
Royal Servant Status

I think we should encourage them. Petition maybe? Emails? Death threats? Just thinkin out loud, it would be pretty awesome if they did.

Post subject: Re: Telltale should pick up QFG
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:23 am 
The Master of All Things Musical

Telltale doesn't know how to handle RPG games. (let alone proper adventure games :p)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:57 am 
Forum Administrator

Personally, I'd like to see how well they can handle KQ before requesting them to have a go at other IP I treasure.

Also, the thing I think might turn Telltale off QFG-games is the fact it doesn't fit into their standard development plan of starting a season and churning out one episode a month...normal adventures can sometimes be cut into separate chapters (KQ7 and the GK games are examples) and work fairly well, but I can't see that same principle work with QFG. Most of the time, even in QFG2's fixed time model, QFG was often about being in more of a sandbox-like environment with monsters to slay, quests to fulfill and various methods of raising your stats. It was about taking your time first exploring a setting and then slowly but steadily tackling challenges in that same setting. You can't cut that into episodes...it wouldn't work. So QFG is probably not very interesting for them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:23 am 
The Prince of Shapeir

It'll never happen. The QFG games are not well-suited to TellTale's business model.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:46 am 
Saurus Salesman

Besides. We'll have to see whether they can handle all the projects they have now. Personally I expect them to implode... wait... did I say that out loud?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:35 pm 
Peasant Status

I'd much rather see an AGDI Quest for Glory :).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:40 pm 
Peasant Status

Erpy wrote:
Most of the time, even in QFG2's fixed time model, QFG was often about being in more of a sandbox-like environment with monsters to slay, quests to fulfill and various methods of raising your stats. It was about taking your time first exploring a setting and then slowly but steadily tackling challenges in that same setting.

No kidding. I spent half of QFG2 just grinding my stats mostly because I disposed of the Elementals really quickly, and the game usually gives a 2-3 day grace period between each Elemental. Certainly nothing like the other games where everything could be paced out. It got to a point where, after slaying enough monsters in the desert, I had well over 500 dinars (enough money to buy the sapphire pin, though the game never lets me) and over a dozen throwing daggers. When I went to Issur's shop to buy a hundred daggers to clear my excess dinar storage (because the player starts out with the same amount of dinars every time in QFG3) I encountered a bug where I actually gained money. By the end of the day, I had over 1,200 dinars, and a hundred vigor pills to stop my Hero Rinkydinky from being exhausted from carrying all that weight. Good times!

Thankfully, the character isn't slowed to a snail's pace as occurs in QFG1EGA when one carries too many items, and by the time the player reaches QFG3 or QFG4, it's practically impossible to over-encumber one's self.

In a series that basically hinges on copying a character from one sandbox adventure to the next (hell, as someone pointed out above, the RPG mechanics), Telltale would definitely falter. Seeing as how they have pretty much rejected the Sierra formula of adventure games, I don't see them ever in the future doing any good with the Quest For Glory series. Leave it to the pros and the die-hard fans.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:14 pm 
Peasant Status

I would really love to see Quest for Glory 1 picked up. I had a lot of fun with that game!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:21 pm 
Royal Vizier Status

I would love if The Cole's could pick up the QFG IP again, and start working with people (Like, say AGDI) to make a new QFG game.

Maybe even this time, they could make the system closer to Lori's original vision of different classes and races.

Bt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:45 am 
Royal Vizier Status

Blackthorne519 wrote:
I would love if The Cole's could pick up the QFG IP again, and start working with people (Like, say AGDI) to make a new QFG game.

I'd like to know the current goings-on of that Glorianan adventure they were working on myself. The last I remember hearing about it was about a year ago.

Official Member of the VGL Street Team