QFGII poster - and one up for sale on eBay!

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

DaveJustDave
Peasant Status

QFGII poster - and one up for sale on eBay!

#1 Post by DaveJustDave » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:21 am

I'm new here and sorry if this is out of bounds.. but man.. I just stumbled onto this site and realized that the super sweet QFG poster has been out of stock since August 2009.. It truly is a thing of beauty.

Anyone here want to sell me theirs?

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

Re: anyone want to sell me their QFG poster?

#2 Post by Lady Pyro » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:31 pm

I doubt you'll find many takers on that offer, Especially since most of us in the forums have signed copies that hang beside our beds and remind us what we strive to artistically.
Or maybe that's just me :D
Anyway, I think you'd probably have better luck checking ebay or kijiji. As far as I can tell that's where the internet sells everything.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#3 Post by Brainiac » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:04 pm

Lady Pyro wrote:I doubt you'll find many takers on that offer, Especially since most of us in the forums have signed copies that hang beside our beds and remind us what we strive to artistically.
Mine is autographed, professionally framed, and hanging over my computer to remind me of great gaming. Unless you're offering an obscene amount of money, that sucker isn't moving (no offense to Eriq, but I can be bought off...just not cheaply).

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#4 Post by Lady Pyro » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:04 pm

Professionally framed? Aww...And I thought I was doing good when I smuggled my poster in to another province rolled up in a rug (there was an item limit on my shipping) and it came out without a scratch. Jeeze that must have cost a pretty penny, the posters are huge!

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#5 Post by Brainiac » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:53 am

Lady Pyro wrote:Professionally framed? Aww...And I thought I was doing good when I smuggled my poster in to another province rolled up in a rug (there was an item limit on my shipping) and it came out without a scratch. Jeeze that must have cost a pretty penny, the posters are huge!
It did, but I got two other posters framed when I did it, so I got something of a discount (all of them, including the QfG2 one, weren't standard sizes, so it had to be custom framing for them all). Unfortunately, the seal is pretty much total, so if I ever meet any of the AGDI crew in person, I'm gonna need another poster for autographs.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#6 Post by Lady Pyro » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:29 am

Hey if that happens, we could just trade! I'd take your nice, framed version and you can have mine. :p I already have a note of encouragement from Eriq that came with mine, that's all I'll need for signatures for...well probably the rest of my life.
Speaking of which, I haven't done any QFG based art in a long time. Maybe I should get on that...

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

#7 Post by eriqchang » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:23 pm

This is such a flattering thread! ;)

I have fond memories of the Quest for Glory II promotion. Those colour-me downloadable PDF's featuring your artwork were really something Lady Pyro. You should post more of your artwork on here - I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to see more. ;)

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#8 Post by Lady Pyro » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:34 am

Aw thanks Eriq! I'd like to and I will try, but art school has (ironically) taken away a lot of my free time for drawing. I'm feeling quite inspired though, we shall see....

artfulgamer
Peasant Status

#9 Post by artfulgamer » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:34 pm

Happy to say that I'll never sell my two QFG posters :) One of them is hanging on the wall of a little classroom in a small town outside of Edmonton where my fiancee teaches art to junior high kids. They adore the poster, and none of them would give it up.

The other is sitting (professionally framed also) in our art/game dev room, right beside my signed Steve Purcell 'Sam and Max' poster.

thehawk
Peasant Status

#10 Post by thehawk » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:26 am

DaveJustDave wrote:I'm new here and sorry if this is out of bounds.. but man.. I just stumbled onto this site and realized that the super sweet QFG poster has been out of stock since August 2009.. It truly is a thing of beauty.

Anyone here want to sell me theirs?
I would be willing to sell mine. For the paltry sum of.. One.. _billion_.. dollars..

Brickadier General
Peasant Status

#11 Post by Brickadier General » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:53 am

Edit: I lowered the initial bid to $1.00, so let's see where this really goes. :-) Here it is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0557961714
I don't want to seem opportunistic, but I searched the forums for topics on the poster, as I am selling mine to help fund my trip to China (I'll be teaching English for one year). First and foremost, I am an avid fan of the Quest for Glory series. My love affair with the series started way back in '98 when my friend gave me a $20 BestBuy gift card. I had trouble finding something I wanted and, eventually, my dad said we needed to go shortly. So rather than do the "smart thing" and hold on to the card until another day, I quickly ran over to the PC games and picked up the first thing that looked interesting; the Quest for Glory Anthology. Mind you, I knew nothing of the series beforehand, but it was the best spur-of-the-moment decision I ever made. The QFG II remake is amazing, too. :-)

I picked up Al Emmo with the poster, never with the intention of selling it. It's hard to want to let it go...It looks amazing. I wanted to frame it, but that never happened. And now I need money for my trip. It seems appropriate that something from my favorite adventure game series will help fund my own adventure. I have listed an auction on eBay, but it won't start until Saturday evening. I've no idea what anyone would pay for it, as the few times I checked eBay out of curiosity I've never run across it. I decided to start it at $50, as that is the minimum I would expect for it, and also because I think reserve auctions are kind of pointless. So I'm hoping I can give this poster a really great home with someone who can truly appreciate it.

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

#12 Post by eriqchang » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:52 pm

LOL. my goodness how embarrassing! I will PAY someone $5 to bid more than a paltry $3.25. :( LOL!

Brickadier General
Peasant Status

#13 Post by Brickadier General » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:10 am

eriqchang wrote:LOL. my goodness how embarrassing! I will PAY someone $5 to bid more than a paltry $3.25. :( LOL!
I know, it's making me a little uneasy. I thought that starting the bidding so low would stimulate more interest in it...Now I feel kind of dumb. If the poster is going to go so cheap then I think I would have much rather decided to keep it until the day I could frame it. I guess I kind of shot myself in the foot. :cry heh, well come Saturday, I hope things get more interesting.

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

Re: QFGII poster - and one up for sale on eBay!

#14 Post by eriqchang » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:40 am

At your request (and rather than starting a new thread), I've edited the thread title - hopefully it will generate more interest in your auction! ;)

papste
Royal Servant Status

#15 Post by papste » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:41 pm

I'm currently bidding on it and if i win you can choose to keep it if you changed your mind and don't wanna let it go afterall.

Brickadier General
Peasant Status

#16 Post by Brickadier General » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:53 am

papste wrote:I'm currently bidding on it and if i win you can choose to keep it if you changed your mind and don't wanna let it go afterall.
Thank you very much for that offer but, if you win it, it's yours. It's only at $6.50 now, but I would keep a close watch on this, especially at the end. There are 5 people listed as watching this, and I'm sure that the other four people are waiting until the final seconds before they bid.

Only 8 minutes left. Good luck!

Brickadier General
Peasant Status

#17 Post by Brickadier General » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:12 am

Wow, $7.50...I can't believe it. :(

papste
Royal Servant Status

#18 Post by papste » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:07 am

Being on the other side of the globe (8 hours difference) didn't help much. I was planning to watch this item closely at the end, but alas i didn't manage to. I hope it went to a fan at least and not a profit seeker

Brickadier General
Peasant Status

#19 Post by Brickadier General » Tue May 04, 2010 2:53 am

Yeah, I guess I didn't plan things too well when I listed it regarding time zones. hehe Sorry you were unable to get that last bid in there.

I hope that he's an appreciative collector, too...I wrote him but never heard back. It hasn't turned up on eBay...yet. And that's a good sign. ;) Rest assured, I will keep watching just in case.

DaemonDarqueGS
Peasant Status

#20 Post by DaemonDarqueGS » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am

What a pity I came too late to get a poster. Unfortunately it was long past the time of the promotion and I just dearly love QFG...