Becoming A Paladin As Magic User

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

inflikkt
Peasant Status

Becoming A Paladin As Magic User

#1 Post by inflikkt » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:07 am

Hi.. i'm using all normal magic user stats (no throwing/parry/etc) and I'm wondering if it's still possible to become a paladin? Do you have to do the EOF part? I have done most everything else right i think.. didn't kill the gryphon or steal the bellows or anything like that.. freed the beast/julanar.. i did however try to kiss aziza.. i dont know if that ruins it.

do you have to do the eof part to become a paladin ? is it still possible to become one as just a magic user?

just wondering thanx :)

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Re: Becoming A Paladin As Magic User

#2 Post by Brainiac » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:12 pm

Freeing Julanar and the beast are more or less irrelevant to becoming a Paladin (short of doing something inherently dishonorable). Attacking the Griffin costs you 5 Paladin Points. The game is designed to compensate for not getting the Fighter-only elements of EOF and returning Soulforge; as such, Wizards and Thieves get an extra 12 points contributed to their total Paladin Points.

Trying to kiss Aziza once shouldn't hurt you. However, if you do anger Aziza enough to get thrown out, you'll lose her three Paladin Points. You should still be able to become a Paladin at the end of the game but you won't be able to reach the maximum final score of 550 points. Be warned though...if you miss a seven-point action alongside getting kicked out of Aziza's, you will not have enough points to qualify as a Paladin (unless AGDI changed the mechanics relative to the original).

Since you didn't mention several of the Paladin-specific actions, I don't know if you've missed anything important. Did you return Omar's money pouch untouched? Did you give money to Shih'had at least twice? If you did all of the above and deal with Khaveen peacefully in the endgame, you should be able to make Paladin.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Becoming A Paladin As Magic User

#3 Post by Erpy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:07 pm

You can't actually lose any paladin points on Aziza. The only way to not get Aziza's paladin points is to either not visit her at all, or get tossed out every single time you do visit. It's almost a free giveaway.