Holy crap it's been ages...

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

FamousAdventurer77
Royal Servant Status

Holy crap it's been ages...

#1 Post by FamousAdventurer77 » Sun May 22, 2011 7:14 pm

I missed this community tons!! Stupid career taking over my life and all.

Well, I'm an EA and have a 90% completed master's degree now...with almost no jobs of my caliber no the market.

So I'm taking advantage of the downtime to finally learn AGS and I'm making decent progress. Hoping to get a small game out this summer maybe.

I played through KQIII Redux and I have to say, each remake gets more impressive than the last!

Any other new adventure games out I should be aware of?

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: Holy crap it's been ages...

#2 Post by DrJones » Sun May 22, 2011 11:26 pm

Hi! Great to know about you again! :D

AGDi announced they aren't going to make any more free remakes, but there's a poll on the general discussion forum about which game should be remade next, so with some luck something nice could come out of it. Himalaya Studios has announced another adventure game to be released on 2012, if you preorder you can get the King's Quest III Redux poster.

I don't know much about other AGS adventure games, but it looks like Gemini Rue is making the fuss these days. :)

FamousAdventurer77
Royal Servant Status

Re: Holy crap it's been ages...

#3 Post by FamousAdventurer77 » Mon May 23, 2011 1:24 am

Oops I just realized that my tabbing screwed up and I should've posted this in the OT forum instead... :o my bad!

Mage's Initiation looks impressive-- I wonder if it'll be a typical story-driven adventure or something with RPG elements like Quest For Glory except in mage types? That would be a cool twist...

I can totally understand about not wanting to do further remakes since a lot of time and work goes into these full-scale productions.

But I wonder if that development team that was going to do the KQIV remake is still doing it. From what I've seen of other games so far, Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth was abandoned but SQII VGA is still in the works.

I've heard a lot of good things about Gemini Rue-- will have to check it out!