Exporting/Importing help

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

CailetRille
Peasant Status

Exporting/Importing help

#1 Post by CailetRille » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:33 pm

So I didn't play So You Want to be a Hero from AGDInteractive, but I'm wanting to play Trial by Fire from here because it's been remade :P I'm picky like that. Anyways, how should I save the character so I can import it onto TbF? Do I need to put it in a special drive or folder? I'm playing on a PC, if that's any help, and I've been playing QfG1 using D-Fend Reloaded and DosBox.
Please and thank you! :D
Haleigh
EDIT if there's already been a thread about this, let me know, I didn't go searching through all of them, and used the "search" thing for export and import and found nothing that really helped me :/

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: Exporting/Importing help

#2 Post by DrJones » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:14 am

The instructions on importing your hero appear on Page 3 of the PDF game manual included with QFG2VGA. Just copy your .sav file with your hero from Spielburg into the folder where QFG2VGA is installed (usually C:\Program Files\AGD Interactive\Quest for Glory II\).

CailetRille
Peasant Status

#3 Post by CailetRille » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:58 pm

I tried that, but it wouldn't work :/
ahh well, I'll just continue without importing. Thanks.
EDIT: Ahh! I've figured out why it won't work. It's because of the D-Fend Reloaded. No matter where I save the game as, it overrides and goes to the D-Fend folder. Is there a way to bypass that?

Cocoon
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Cocoon » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:41 pm

The file can be anywhere, all you have to do is select it when asked to import, or you can just copy the sav file and put where you want.

punaniking
Peasant Status

#5 Post by punaniking » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:54 am

I'm having the same problems. Anyone had success importing characters while using D-Fend Reloaded?

MacGyver
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by MacGyver » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:15 pm

With DosBox, you'll have to mount a directory as a drive. So I presume the same applies to D-Fend since it's a GUI for DosBox.

you'll probably have to move your SAV file into the same directory where you installed QFG. BTW, this is a VGA remake that runs on Windows. Why would you use DosBox to run it?

ZombieTonyBlair
Peasant Status

#7 Post by ZombieTonyBlair » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:56 pm

Okay, So I'm having a very frustrating time trying to get my character to import into this game.

Let me set the stage. I downloaded and played the VGA Quest for Glory 1 from Gog.com. I beat it and saved my character. I found the save file and copy pasted it into

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AGD Interactive\Quest for Glory II

But when I try and play the game and inport my character, it says that there are no characters in the folder that I can import.

I looked in the saved character file and it contains the following

Victor
52504f2656 1603c583c5858752f2f2f69 d2f1157553155 a54306a e6a6b7f7f7c7c 5 36d7a39311c6c

but it's all on one line.

The file is called WIZARD1 and it's saved as a .sav file, but I tried changing the name to WIZARD1.SAV, and I tried GLORY1 and GLORY1.SAV

I'm running on windows 7, and I am really excited about playing this remake.

adeyke

#8 Post by adeyke » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:38 pm

You're putting it in the Start Menu. You need to put it in the game's actual directory in the program files. That's probably:
C:\Program Files (x86)\AGD Interactive\Quest for Glory II