The Gamers Thread: PS3, PC, Wii, 360... pick your poison!!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

Re: The Gamers Thread: PS3, PC, Wii, 360... pick your poison

#2176 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:39 pm

Yea I was gonna say myself the Wii is 5 years old this year, its about time for WiiHD!

If it releases this year it will be a toss up between NGP and Wii2 for me...

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#2177 Post by Erpy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:10 pm

Seeing that the Final Fantasy IV collection was released internationally yesterday, posting this screenshot seems fitting.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#2178 Post by Brainiac » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:16 pm

WHY DID I NOT THINK TO TRY THAT?!

Seriously though, that's very amusing, Erpy; nice touch. Did Mr. Bell get the joke when he recorded that line?

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#2179 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:00 am

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:You can't really be mad when they replace a 4 year old console. Also the PS3 supposedly still has 6 years to go, although I doubt it.
It's just I'm under a lot of stress my mom had breast cancer surgery and my grama died. So if my mom doesn't make a full recovery which I think she will. But at times I think not mainly because when she has her weak moments during the recovery and then she still has to get radiation. But getting to the point if I don't get into school while I have her around and get my GED and a decent job I may not be able to keep up with the new tech as far as games go. Plus we haven't got to the point of getting an HD T.V.. We have cable and that's the only reason we can even watch T.V.. So it's gonna be tough to catch up with anything now. Sorry for going a little off topic. But I just needed to explian where most the anger came from.
Erpy wrote:Seeing that the Final Fantasy IV collection was released internationally yesterday, posting this screenshot seems fitting.

I like that LOL! Can't wait to get the game either. It's just that I wish they would give V,VI and maybe III (Which they kind of screwed up by changing so much on the DS version) some more love. May be even try to give VII,VIII and IX a facelift. I don't think it would be too hard if they focused on a few things. The character models definitely need to be remodeled totally. Second the backgrounds just need a lot of polishing. But I think would look just as good now after polishing them as the new graphics. Third this may be harder but the over world from what I've seen compared to the standard backgrounds have full rotation so they would have to change the way the towns and stuff look on the map drastically. Finally the Battle scenes and cut scenes. I don't know how long it took to redo the one cut scene they did. But depending on the time it took it may be easier or harder than the rest but then again they have a lot more people working on multiple games of Final fantasy XIII not to mention the online games than all the fan game workers here at AGDI. And I believe y'all have been making better games even though they are just remakes than the new Final Fantasy games on PS3.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#2180 Post by Angelus3K » Sat May 21, 2011 3:44 pm

So is LA Noire the evolution of the classic adventure game? Either way I'm frickin loving it!!

Brit, do you interrogate suspects like Cole Phelps lol?

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#2181 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri May 27, 2011 4:24 pm

This is fantastic. Simply fantastic. There's only one man who can make sense of the Zelda timeline...

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#2182 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:02 am

Angelus3K wrote:So is LA Noire the evolution of the classic adventure game? Either way I'm frickin loving it!!

Brit, do you interrogate suspects like Cole Phelps lol?
I'll just very quickly bring up my issues with LA Noire.

Every car is undrivable, even though it's gamebreaking I make my partner drive more than half the time
The homocide chapter is repetitive as hell
There was a huge case at the end of said chapter where I knew who the criminal was and where he was but the game wouldn't let me do anything about it until I went to each flagged hotspot on the map, this was the same mission that required you to know LA landmarks, seriously screw that whole 5 hours of gameplay.
The cars are undrivable

If you're looking for a contemperoray PAC this isn't it. You walk around until the controller shakes and hit A or X, you then go to the next marker and repeat. I'd stick with Heavy Rain if it was between the two as adventure games.

This game isn't all bad though, it looks nice and works well as "interactive drama" but it's definitely not all there.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#2183 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:14 pm

Hey QFG,

Yea I know what you mean and agree mostly. You can however find some of the hidden cars, some of which are pretty fast and have improved handling but yea GTA this is not.

I also turned off the vibrations and just used the musical cues to find the clues which I found more challenging and enjoyable. I think it's a solid effort but needed to be more than it was.

Here's hoping for a more GTA like LA Noire 2.

MusicallyInspired

#2184 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:25 pm

So I just played and beat the Duke Nukem Forever demo.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#2185 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:50 pm

MusicallyInspired wrote:So I just played and beat the Duke Nukem Forever demo.
...... :alien: Any thoughts then?

MusicallyInspired

#2186 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:12 pm

It was great fun. Just very short. But that's a demo for you. Had two levels. Same as the PAX reveal demo except with a little extra exploratory/puzzle gameplay at the end. It was all a small taste really. But it was just something to be able to play DNF.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#2187 Post by Brainiac » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:33 pm

I return bearing news from E3...

Larry's back (kinda)...and he brought Al with him.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... -This-Year

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#2188 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:11 pm

WOW So its like a LSL1 HD remake?

Deffo be buying this! PSN release would be nice.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#2189 Post by Brainiac » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:32 pm

Just a little tidbit from ScrewAttack and GameTrailers...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/video ... ack/716911

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#2190 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:24 pm

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:I've started playing Magicka this week and it's @#%ing fantastic. You guys should buy it and/or add me to steam. Think Loom if it were combat based and multiplayer.
This game went on Steam sale and I haven't been around much to tell you guys. It was a top seller though so expect to see it on sale on July 10th at www.Steampowered.com

MusicallyInspired

#2191 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:28 pm

So they put Freddy Freakin' Kreuger in Mortal Kombat. There are rumours that Jason is also coming.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#2192 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:15 pm

I know it wasn't very well received around here but some of you might like to know that Gray Matter is on sale for about 15 dollars today only.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#2193 Post by Brainiac » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:08 pm

Anybody here who doesn't actually own copies of any of the Gabriel Knight, Space Quest, Ultima, King's Quest, Broken Sword, Police Quest, Myst, Tex Murphy, Simon the Sorceror, or Zork games and want to play them (or even just a standalone game like Psychonauts, Beyond Good and Evil, The Last Express, or Planescape: Torment), now is the time.

Behold, the 2011 Christmas Sale at Good Old Games.

There are also FOUR indie game bundles running right now: The Indie Gala, The Indie Royale Xmas Bundle, The Intermediaware Indie Game Christmas Bundle, and of course, Humble Indie Bundle #4, which includes such gems as Cave Story+ and Super Meat Boy.

Gotta love holiday discounts!