Buying Al Emmo.....

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

LaughingMan008
Peasant Status

Buying Al Emmo.....

#1 Post by LaughingMan008 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:35 pm

Hey there. I saw on one of the order pages that I could buy Al Emmo as a digital download, or get it on CD. This was a couple days ago and I dont know if this was an error or not. When I looked elsewhere on your site it seemed to be download only. Is there any benefit to buying a CD version if there is one? Box, manual? Anything like that?

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: Buying Al Emmo.....

#2 Post by DrJones » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:43 am

I think if you buy the CD version and contact HimalayaStudios, they can give you a key for the digital download version, which is a more recent version of the engine, has some extra polish, and a whole lot of bugs fixed. Apart from that, the CD version will work as long as you have a CD drive and you'll be able to play in a computer without having to download the 600 mb or so through an internet connection. I personally prefer to have physical copies of my games.

Also, it might be that Himalaya no longer has the CD version on sale, just the digital download. But I think I heard that online dealers like Amazon still have it.

Hope this helps! :p

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#3 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:34 am

Yes, we no longer have any CD stock available available for sale on the website. (We still have some inventory in stock, but we don't sell it any more).

The CD versions are still v1.0 (circa 2006) so that build is quite outdated now. v3.0 is the latest build which contains some extra features, higher resolution support, amongst other things. The only places you can currently get v3.0 are from the Himalaya Store or Desura.

LaughingMan008
Peasant Status

#4 Post by LaughingMan008 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:33 pm

Thanks for the info. :)