Space Quest 1 Remake?

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

crackerjack
Peasant Status

Space Quest 1 Remake?

#1 Post by crackerjack » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:58 pm

I was wondering if AGI has put any serious thought into doing a remake for Space Quest 1, kind of in the same vain as you did with Kings Quest 1 VGA.

With the release of the Kings Quest, Space Quest and Police Quest packages from Activision last year I would love to see a 'Clickable' version of Space Quest 1 VGA included since it was left out of the packs they are selling on GOG. I think it would be great to have all of the original games standing next to the Fan games on my PC since they decided to opt out of the remakes themselves.

I have always thought that the AGI version of Kings Quest 1 was way better than Sierras version anyway ...

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Re: Space Quest 1 Remake?

#2 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:10 pm

Hehe, AGI is the game interpreter Sierra used for their early games. AGDI are the group that made the remakes.

An SQ1 remake isn't an option because Sierra already remade it and it's still readily available. GoG has the AGI version of SQ1, but the remake is still available on ActiVision's online store, Steam, Direct2Drive, and a few other digital download stores. It also seems a waste of time and resources to make a remake of something that already has a perfectly decent one (even if you think it's not the best).

Not to mention we'd need permission from ActiVision, which is another matter entirely.

crackerjack
Peasant Status

#3 Post by crackerjack » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:12 pm

You just blew my mind ... :eek

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#4 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:01 pm

There's also the fact that we said we wouldn't be doing anymore free remakes.

crackerjack
Peasant Status

#5 Post by crackerjack » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:23 am

True, but you also said that before you release KQ3 ... I was on to your tricks then and I'm on to them now!

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#6 Post by Blackthorne519 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:40 pm

They said they wouldn't "start" any new remakes. KQ3 Redux had already been well into production then.

They're not going to be doing any more free remakes. They've been in the business of making free remakes for 10 years now - they're concentrating on using their skills and talents to make commercial products. It's going to be up to a new group to do what you're asking. Trouble is, you can't seem to find a group of motivated and hard-working fans who get together to start and finish projects these days.

Bt

rogerxy
Peasant Status

#7 Post by rogerxy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:25 pm

There will never be any better tha the AGD guys anyway

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#8 Post by Blackthorne519 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:00 pm

rogerxy wrote:There will never be any better tha the AGD guys anyway
Maybe not, but I'd still love to see another group of fans come together, start AND finish a project. I've seen a lot of "groups" form, and get all excited about it, then lose steam and their project dies. I know I was real proud of my group, IA, for coming together and finishing a game - and we're on the brink of finishing another one. I'd like to see some chutzpah from the younger generation.

Bt

crackerjack
Peasant Status

#9 Post by crackerjack » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:52 pm

It would be great to see more fans taking action, but I am thankful for all of the work that AGDI and Infamous Adventures have done!

I would love to help create another remake for one of the classics, but unfortunately I have absolutely no talent when it comes to Game Design.

It would be nice to see more progress with Magic Mirror Games remake of Kings Quest 4

DarkMistress89
Peasant Status

#10 Post by DarkMistress89 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:42 pm

rogerxy wrote:There will never be any better tha the AGD guys anyway
True but Infamous Adventures are pretty decent in all the disparate secessions of game making compared to a lot of other teams that produces more hype and visions rather than results. God, a lot of projects with undeniably interesting concepts haven't even got a demo or single screenshot released.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#11 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:29 pm

Thanks! It's taken us some time, but we're about to finish our next game, and we're SOUPED about it.

Bt

Sslaxx
Peasant Status

#12 Post by Sslaxx » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:57 pm

Blackthorne519 wrote:Thanks! It's taken us some time, but we're about to finish our next game, and we're SOUPED about it.
Good on you guys! Looking forward to SQ2, that's for sure.