Installing qfg2 on mac lion OS

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Jms6968
Peasant Status

Installing qfg2 on mac lion OS

#1 Post by Jms6968 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:05 pm

Can anyone help? I have recently gotten the iche to play my old quest for glory games but the problem is #1,3 and 4 are not compatible to mac systems. Also I have downloaded qfg2 remake and I am unable to launch the actual game! This is hippo crap! Can anyone please help solve either of these questions. I would really appreciate it.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Installing qfg2 on mac lion OS

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:13 pm

We do have Lion-compatible versions of the remakes prepared, but I haven't had the chance to get them uploaded to all the mirrors yet. Here's a direct link to the Quest for Glory II remake for your convenience:

Quest for Glory II: Trial by Fire Mac (v2.0)

joopthecat
Peasant Status

#3 Post by joopthecat » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:57 pm

Hi, there!

Just wanted to let you know I was able to install and play the QFG2 remake on Lion OS. I used the link provided. One thing I found helpful was to

1) after mounting the DMG and transferring the QFG.app file to the desktop, I right clicked on Quest for Glory.app and selected "Show Package Contents".

2) Then I double clicked on Wineskin.app. I clicked on Advanced.

3) For the first visible field that's highlighted (windows exe) I clicked browse and pointed it to /Program Files/AGD Interactive/Quest for Glory II/winsetup.exe which is actually in the package contents of the qfg.app now on your desktop "contents/resources/drive_c/ ..."

4) select DONE then QUIT.

5) Now double click on the QFG.app that's on your desktop (I refer to quest for glory ii.app as qfg for brevity) and you can play with the settings until you find the config that suits you best. Then, I clicked on "save and run".

This allows me to configure the settings before each game until I find the right ones that work.

Good luck!

essentialfloss
Peasant Status

#4 Post by essentialfloss » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:27 pm

I am running the game on lion and have almost everything working, but I cannot seem to figure out how to remap my combat keys. The advanced wineskin setup doesn't provide the option, and neither does the in-game settings. I'm running the game on a macbook pro, and, since I don't have a numpad, this makes the game pretty much unplayable.
Any help would be appreciated!