Combat is *way* too hard

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Riniel
Peasant Status

Re: Combat is *way* too hard

#26 Post by Riniel » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:48 am

Maybe because I'm into fighting games , but I love the QFG 2 remake combat . Its more realistic that QFG 1 where you just slash and swing . The game runs extra fast in my new laptop at times , and That is when I like fighting . At normal speed its not much - its mostly waiting for the enemy to get off the ground. Overall , its quite easy even in highest difficulty , if one attends to Uhura's patient teaching and through practice where your character's skills and your own familiarity with the moves and their respective key combinations improve.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#27 Post by Erpy » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:31 am

Ironically, the original combat system in QFG2 was kinda like Mortal Kombat brutalities...start a beatdown and eventually your enemy dies without a chance to recover from the assault. I wanted the remake to be about more than brainlessly spamming the attack button. I'd give tips to increase your performance, but you seem to have your mind made up already. Hopefully your disks are still functioning and your computer still has a floppy drive.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#28 Post by DrJones » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:32 pm

You can lower the combat difficulty and activate the combat assistant to aid you somewhat in the battles. Sorry if the combat system is not of your liking, but hey, good to know you can still play the original and it's acceptable if you prefer it over this version.

Riniel
Peasant Status

#29 Post by Riniel » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:51 pm

@ YetiSwarm : You would call a combat system with extra moves and combinations retarded over a mere slash and duck one ? The whole accusation doesn't make sense . There is the combat pilot anyway to help those who don't like combat .

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#30 Post by Erpy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:18 am

It kinda depends on the difficulty level. On easy, 150 is enough to kill everything, but some of the easier monsters can be taken on with stats around 100 or 110. Only the fighter should make swings and combat techniques the core of his style though. Wizards should focus on killing enemies quickly with their spells before taking too much damage and thieves should focus on stealth and sneak attacks.

asmodian0011
Peasant Status

#31 Post by asmodian0011 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:20 am

Well I just started it and I have not fought any of the desert monsters yet, trained with uhura after the first couple of tries I can pretty much beat her with full stamina on max difficulty. Basically all you need to do is stab, do not use any of the other moves every time she readies spear to attack hit stab. 90% of the time your stab will heat before her attack lands. She will hit you now and then but as you not spending stamina dodging and parring, your stamina will recover just by standing still.