I finally got rid of it! (Unwanted Attention)

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Renodox
Defense Minister Status

I finally got rid of it! (Unwanted Attention)

#1 Post by Renodox » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:24 am

I don't know if you remember my mentioning that I don't like getting attention from those who think of getting romantically inclined with me. However, I finally found two ways to deal with it. The first one:

A woman came and sat next to me in the library with a flowery toned, "Hi, big guy." Without looking at her, but raising my head I said, slowly, "What do you want of me?" She said, "Oh! Well I was thinking..." I continued, "You are far away from life. And love. And hope. You are surrounded by dust. And it is dust you will become." She said, "What are you talking about?" I still continued, "I lost my life in this cursed desert. Now I am doomed to wander it forever; tortured by endless, burning thirst." At this point she left calling me a weirdo. I was a little put out that I wasn't able to finish but it WORKED!

The second one:
I was at my sister's birthday party and a young woman smiled at me when we came near each other at the snack table. I thought nothing of it but she sat next to me when I went down to eat and then followed me when I got up to the snack table again. She finally spoke. Holding out her hand with a BIG smile she said, "Hi, I'm Gina." I took her hand and held it firmly. Shaking it I said, "Pleased to meet you Gina, name's (My real name here), but everyone calls me 'Pip.'" She then started to say something but I interrupted, "You know, I think Cheetos are one of my all time favorite foods." (We were near Cheetos at the snack table) "I always seem to meet the most interesting people when I'm around them too. In fact Cheetos bring to mind the time I met, BOB BARKER!" "Who's...?" she started but I didn't let her finish. "Yes indeed," I continued, "Bob Barker, star of the most popular morning game show. He's an embassy, a host, and a celebrity all rolled into one. It was exactly eight months ago Tuesday the seventeenth, I believe. Or it might of been the eighteenth... No, no, it was definitely the seventeenth because it was precisely one week after my aunt Lucrecia's birthday which is the tenth. Aunt Lucrecia's quite a woman, loves to cook, she prepares a fabulous Wor Shu Aup. That's a Chinese duck dish. I love Chinese food. I once went to a party that served Chinese food and Cheetos, now THAT was a Catch-22 situation. Catch-22 was a movie you know. It was long, VERY long. They say the book was better but it was a novel and I never finish reading those things..." Anyway, I went on for a while. My sister eventually asked me to knock it off when I got to the point when I said, "...I wracked my brain to come up with a title but to no avail. You see, I'm not terribly musical. And yet, I always wanted to play an instrument and be like my music hero: Leo Sayers."

Needless to say, "Gina" didn't want anything to do with me after that. What do you think about THAT?! :rollin

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Re: I finally got rid of it! (Unwanted Attention)

#2 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:41 pm

o_O

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#3 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:07 pm

I do remember you saying that a while back.

I also think you may think much to highly of yourself if you feel that women who talk to you are romantically interested in you. They're not just sex-machines that talk to men for the sole purpose of mounting, claiming and getting romantically involved with them.

Second, you are trying way too hard to be weird. Sure, it might frighten off some people, but someday you're going to meet someone who can out-crazy you because they a professional. That person is sure to be a woman.

Bt

Lambonius
Knight Status

#4 Post by Lambonius » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:39 pm

You know what kicks ass? Sex.

I'm glad to have it, any time.

Renodox
Defense Minister Status

#5 Post by Renodox » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:16 pm

I also think you may think much to highly of yourself if you feel that women who talk to you are romantically interested in you. They're not just sex-machines that talk to men for the sole purpose of mounting, claiming and getting romantically involved with them.
I don't see how gettting "romantically involved" equates to sex. Furthermore, these are just examples of the two times things occured. There were other warning signs (especially with Gina) it wasn't just they were talking to me. Furthermore, if a "flower tone" doesn't mean anything what would YOU say is an indicator?

I'm also surprised no one has actually mentioned that they know where I got the words I used. Anyone have a clue what I was doing?

Lambonius
Knight Status

#6 Post by Lambonius » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:34 am

Renodox wrote:
]
I'm also surprised no one has actually mentioned that they know where I got the words I used. Anyone have a clue what I was doing?
Yeah. We get it. KQ7.

It's just that you're such a huge fucking tool, no one can be bothered to comment on your "clever" rejection of the opposite sex. Get a life, man.

MusicallyInspired

#7 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:18 am

I just don't know why you're bragging about it...

Renodox
Defense Minister Status

#8 Post by Renodox » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:02 am

I'm bragging about it because anyone can give in to the bio-chemical reaction designed by nature to make sure that our genes get passed on. ANYONE can follow the trends of the rest of the crowd just to fit in! ANYONE can satisfy so-called "needs" from time to time!!

But, how many people do you know that can go through life without these things? Furthermore, it's not because he CAN'T have it. It's not because absolutely no one will be near him, it's not because he's forced to be alone, and it's not because he's devoted his life to something that forbids it. It's simply because he chooses to show it's possible to beat the system!
Yeah. We get it. KQ7.
Actually, I was referring more to the second one. I've memorized the entire 1003 word story.

MusicallyInspired

#9 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:09 am

Uh huh

Jerminator
Peasant Status

#10 Post by Jerminator » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:19 am

Renodox wrote:
I'm bragging about it because anyone can give in to the bio-chemical reaction designed by nature to make sure that our genes get passed on. ANYONE can follow the trends of the rest of the crowd just to fit in! ANYONE can satisfy so-called "needs" from time to time!!

But, how many people do you know that can go through life without these things? Furthermore, it's not because he CAN'T have it. It's not because absolutely no one will be near him, it's not because he's forced to be alone, and it's not because he's devoted his life to something that forbids it. It's simply because he chooses to show it's possible to beat the system!
There's plenty of people that go through life without sex/physical needs, but their not rude to the opposite sex just to prove something.... even if they did I doubt they would need to brag about doing so.

Renodox
Defense Minister Status

#11 Post by Renodox » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:44 am

There's plenty of people that go through life without sex/physical needs.
Sex comes into it AGAIN?! :rolleyes :x

See THAT'S one of the reasons I made this vow in the first place. That's even why I chose the Collin Farwalker statement: "You are far away from LIFE and LOVE and HOPE."

Thing is, I don't do this only to avoid sexual contact. I said ROMACTICALLY involved, not SEXUALLY involved. Too many people assume there must be sexual activity when there's a romantic involvement between a male and female. That's not the case. TRUE love requires a mental connection as well. I don't even allow that.

If you REALLY want to know why I made this choice it was to prove:

I'm better than my parents. I'm better than my aunts and uncles. I'm better than my brothers and sister. That all of them, and my babysitter (whom I still have occasional contact with), and my grandparents, and my teachers, etc. etc. were WRONG about me! These people are so damned arrogant and sure of themselves that I decided I was going to prove them wrong. I've already proved it to some of these people but there are more to show.

If you don't like what you read here, DON'T read it! Don't respond! Let me take pride in what I take pride in. But I feel I have to share it. I simply HAVE to!

Jerminator
Peasant Status

#12 Post by Jerminator » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:19 am

Renodox wrote:
What exactly HAS to occur for genes to get passed on? Oh that's right, sex/"so-called" needs. Either way, you can replace sex with romance and the same rules apply. Its called tact my friend, no reason to be rude to others and brag about it to prove a point.

Besides if it's really so hard for you to get rid of so much unwanted attention. Try this it works probably even more so and with less effort than saying nonsense. Try saying "I'm sorry, I don't feel like talking to you."

MusicallyInspired

#13 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:59 pm

No, you're not better...

Lambonius
Knight Status

#14 Post by Lambonius » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:09 pm

Better??

Better because you shun human relationships and have no concern for the feelings of others?

Dude, that doesn't make you better, it makes you a fucking sociopath.

You're mentally ill. Get help.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#15 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:53 pm

You talk of romantic involvement, but you know nothing of romance. You claim that anyone can do it, yet I do not believe that you can. You mock what you do not understand and you shun what you have not experienced.

You are a coward, plain and simple, and your pride and boastfulness is only a comfort to yourself. You will only be able to deceive yourself for so long, as your deception isn't fooling anyone else.

Sure, there have been many famous bachelors - though many of them were either repressed or closeted homosexuals or they were notorious womanizers who never settled. Most of them did not boast of their position - it was just a choice they made, not something they took pride in or were even concerned with. Having pride in avoiding it means you care about it, even if it is a choice from the negative end of the emotional scale, you are still concerned with your feelings on it.

You are obviously conflicted on the matter, or else it would be of no concern to you.

Bt

adeyke

#16 Post by adeyke » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:51 pm

Women are people. If you really want to show that you've transcended romance (putting aside the question of whether that's actually a good thing), you can do that by respecting women as just people. You don't do it by obsessing about the potential of romance that you won't even have normal social contact with them.

Renodox
Defense Minister Status

#17 Post by Renodox » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:22 pm

Ah yeah. The way I see it, THEY don't respect ME. In most cases I don't treat any human any different from any other human. The thing is: when someone comes to me looking for some form of companionship I feel I'm being treated differently than anyone else. And it is like they say, "Treat others as you would have them treat you." For the most part, I don't really acknowledge the existance of other people. It was like when I was in the library. All I was doing was sitting there reading. That was it and that was all. I didn't talk to anyone, I didn't touch anyone, I didn't even look at anyone. They were there but I wasn't bothering anyone and just minded my own business. It was this other individual who decided to take it upon herself to come up and bother me. Do I ever go and bother anyone else (in person)? NO!

One of the reasons I do the wierd things (Like the Collin Farwalker statement) is because in High School, I did have some "suitors" who just wouldn't leave me alone. They were varying in levels of attractiveness and personality and whatnot. Anyway, I tried the standard, "I'm not interested," and the "I don't want to talk to you," talk and it didn't do me any good. I tried ignoring them and that only got me even more unwanted attention from individuals who seemed not to be attracted to me but couldn't stand that I didn't pay attention t their gender. Then one day, after watching the movie, Better Off Dead I got an idea. I bought a bottle of saline nasal moisteriser and practiced a bit with it. I then took it to school, and when I was bugged once again, I stuck the bottle in my nose, slurped it up with a really disgusting sound, let the liquid drip and run out. Wiped it off with my hand and extended it to shake hands. I never got bothered by that particular individual again.

Bottom line: I feel that the only sure way to deal with these people who think they're infactuated is to find a way to make them not want to be around me anymore. If I act like I don't want to be around them, it's just considered a roadblock that needs to be gone around or overcome.

Personally, I don't see what the attraction is anyway. I'm short, I'm bent, and I'm ugly.

MusicallyInspired

#18 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:46 pm

Like Lamb said, you're a sociopath. You've never learned how to interact with people properly. You have no social conscience at all. You don't care what others think, and yet you do at the same time in the wrongest of ways. What you do is not something to be proud of. You think you're alone in being constantly annoyed by people you'd rather not interact with? No. Everyone is annoyed by those types of people that just don't seem to get the hint and leave you alone or don't see your uninterested. You're just the only one who reacts in such an abnormal and anti-social manner. It's not remarkable or impressive. It's retarded.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#19 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:26 am

Aha. You have revealed yourself. You say you wish to stand apart from the status quo, or the norm - yet, you judge yourself on a scale of attraction that is nothing if not plebeian. You catagorize yourself as, simply, "short, bent and ugly." You choose to define yourself based on a scale that you assume they use as well.

You definitely have a social disorder, and that is not something to boast about. If I can say anything positive here, it is that you are an interesting fellow, and that is something that attracts people. That is not a bad thing, either. You are just afraid of social interaction for some reason - that, I cannot fathom nor define but you could benefit from a conversation with a behavioral and psychological expert.

Bt

Renodox
Defense Minister Status

#20 Post by Renodox » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:33 pm

Like Lamb said, you're a sociopath.
I'm not. I'm not... See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve. Love is an emotional storm: an animal reflex to be controlled by the rational mind. As humans, we pride ourselves on being better than other forms of life on earth. However, that's a bad joke. When the chips are down, we're no different than the "lowliest" heterosexual creatures. We don't control our hormones, or our natural urges. That is very much why we have a population problem.

And getting a little less serious: why the heck does anyone CARE about how I conduct myself in public. Oh, I realize I told you people these things but the response factor I got on this is unwarranted. I never found another subject that anyone is this interested in fighting. This is just like when I was in High School and I ended up getting pursued by a horny floozy who only seemed to care about getting another notch beneath her belt. According to the rest of the male population of the room I had to be the only guy who rejected her and those that chose to hang out around me kept urging me to give in. What the heck was up with that I don't know.

There were also all those "tip-offs." Like this girl who kept trying to talk to me in the one class we were in together. I didn't want anything to do with her so I never talked to her. I would even stare at my hands while I pressed my fingernails together (according to others I looked like I was not only inattentive but "DELIBERATELY" inattentive when I did this). She even claimed that I "sat there ignoring [her] making [myself] bleed." The other guys in the class kept saying that she liked me and whatnot. They wouldn't accept it when I just said I wasn't interested and I even had to come up with "excuses" for why I didn't want to be around her.

Thing is: what did they CARE that I wasn't interested in any relationships? It wasn't THEM that were going to gain anything from it.

Renodox
Defense Minister Status

#21 Post by Renodox » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:27 am

Sigh. It seems it happened again. :o

I apologize for the board getting spammed like this. You're probably wondering why I "ran off" for months then came back with this kind of post. It wasn't me. I happened to go away for a couple weeks on vacation and had my younger brother house-sit for me. It seems that I once again forgot to log off this site and he decided to have some "fun" trashing my reputation again. Let me assure you, I didn't do anything that he mentions in the posts and I'm not nearly as crazy as he makes me out to be. It just sticks in his craw that even though I'm older than he, I've never had a girlfriend/boyfriend. It's not because I have some form of twisted pride from it, or even want to be "better" than anyone. It's just that I've never felt that way about anyone. I've had both men and women as friends, but I've not ever pursued anything more than that and he can't stand it.

Once again, I apologize for this thread and I request that it either gets locked or deleted. And if another thread from "me" like this comes up again just ignore it, or even better, lock it. I don't appreciate my brother's humor any more than you do. |I

rugged
Defense Minister Status

#22 Post by rugged » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:53 pm

I really hope this is the explaination!!