Help tracking down a few things

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Help tracking down a few things

#1 Post by Brainiac » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:48 am

I've been hunting around for a few things on the internet recently and not having much luck, so I figured I'd ask everyone around here.

Firstly, I dunno how many of you guys remember the "Alternate Heroes" add-on for QfG5 that a user name Jamy made, but his site went poof when Geocities did. Anybody know a means to get in contact with him?

Secondly, I recall an old QfG fansite from years ago that had large-size versions of the various QfG5 spell icons (including my own avatar). Does anybody else recall that site? I've been looking for it with no luck for some time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dragonfang
Peasant Status

Re: Help tracking down a few things

#2 Post by Dragonfang » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:44 pm

Brainiac wrote:Secondly, I recall an old QfG fansite from years ago that had large-size versions of the various QfG5 spell icons (including my own avatar). Does anybody else recall that site? I've been looking for it with no luck for some time.

Any help would be appreciated.
http://bibbi.4t.com/spells.html

Is that what you're looking for? They all look smaller. I can't believe I still kept the link after all the purges I've made!

Main site:

http://bibbi.4t.com/index.html

haradan
Knight Status

#3 Post by haradan » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:43 am

Brainiac wrote: Firstly, I dunno how many of you guys remember the "Alternate Heroes" add-on for QfG5 that a user name Jamy made, but his site went poof when Geocities did. Anybody know a means to get in contact with him?
You mean the add-on for playing as Elsa and as Magnum Opus? I don't remember the guy who did them, but I think I have the addon itself somewhere in my PC. I can look for it if you want me to...

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#4 Post by Brainiac » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:54 pm

Dragonfang wrote:http://bibbi.4t.com/spells.html

Is that what you're looking for? They all look smaller. I can't believe I still kept the link after all the purges I've made!
Right idea, wrong size. The larger, quality images I remember were about the same size as the animated versions in QfG5 itself (in fact, some of them may actually have been animated GIFs - save Glide, obviously).
haradan wrote:You mean the add-on for playing as Elsa and as Magnum Opus? I don't remember the guy who did them, but I think I have the addon itself somewhere in my PC. I can look for it if you want me to...
Yep, that's what I meant (and like I said, the creator went by Jamy around the net as well as these very forums). I don't need the program so much as the installation executable, so if you still have that, I'd be happy to get a copy.

adeyke

#5 Post by adeyke » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:18 pm

The Elsa and Magnum "add-on" by Jamy was really just a set of saved games, and they were distributed in a pair of ZIP files. These were created with Te'ja Laymind's QfG5 save game editors. Around that time (2000), I also used the same to make a Bruno save game (which has very limited entertainment value).

I've still got the ZIPs of the savegames and installers for the editors.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#6 Post by Brainiac » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:23 pm

adeyke wrote:The Elsa and Magnum "add-on" by Jamy was really just a set of saved games, and they were distributed in a pair of ZIP files.
I'm not talking about those, adeyke. I'm talking about the Additional Heroes add-on program Jamy created a while back. It's an alternate executable for QfG5 that allows almost complete playthrough for Elsa and Magnum as well as altering certain text and speech to be more appropriate and creating individual save folders for each character that the program can switch between as the player chooses.

The "saved at the start" games are indeed part of it, but the add-on program itself is more than just those.

adeyke

#7 Post by adeyke » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:59 pm

Ah, sorry. I'd forgotten about that. I was going to say that I'd never heard of that, but this thread proves otherwise. Unfortunately, I can't help.

haradan
Knight Status

#8 Post by haradan » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:58 am

Mmh, I can't seem to find it although I remember I dowloaded it. I've been using my PC less and less since a couple of years, so I really don't remember if I erased it at some point or is just that I misplaced it (I've tons of backup cds and dvds, but checking those is beyond my posibilities at this time). Sorry. :o

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#9 Post by Spikey » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:29 pm

Have you tried asking your first request on sierrahelp?

Someone is bound to have saved it somewhere. ;)

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#10 Post by Brainiac » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:06 am

I'm trying to get in contact with Jamy again. If anyone knows of a means to do so, drop me a line, please.

Blake00
Royal Servant Status

#11 Post by Blake00 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:29 am

If you can find the old website link address somewhere we can put it into webarchive site. All old geocities sites (& many of their downloads) are thankfully backed up there.