My mac fits all the criteria to run QFG2 Mac but won't help!

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

LordQuinn
Peasant Status

My mac fits all the criteria to run QFG2 Mac but won't help!

#1 Post by LordQuinn » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:34 am

My mac fits all the criteria to run QFG2 Mac version but when I dbl. click to open the game the icon bounces in the dock for a few seconds and quits out.
Please help thanks. I am running a 1st gen mac pro 2.6ghz dual-core Intel Xeon with plenty of ram 4gb,Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT 256mb, and pleny of HD space.
I am using Lion 10.7.3 and X11 is installed and at its most current version. Any info as to what the problem might be would be much appreciated.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

Re: My mac fits all the criteria to run QFG2 Mac but won't h

#2 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sun May 13, 2012 8:03 am

I believe all of the testing for these was done on macs with Radeons but it should work on yours. Have you checked to make sure you extracted the app from the dmg and aren't running it while mounted? Make sure it's running from your applications folder and not from your dock specifically because that could cause the issue. Try redownloading and extracting to applications before double clicking. It's crashing before executing and it may be because the installation didn't take.