Two Guys From Andromeda are back!!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Two Guys From Andromeda are back!!

#1 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:37 pm

http://guysfromandromeda.com/

Holy goodness. And they're making a new game. Not Space Quest, but a sci-fi adventure with the same style of comedy. I'm so flabbergasted!

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: Two Guys From Andromeda are back!!

#2 Post by DrJones » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:41 pm

I'm incredibly happy!

Chief
Knight Status

#3 Post by Chief » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:22 pm

This is awesome news, woo hooo!!!!

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#4 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:23 am

Can't wait for this!

Blake00
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by Blake00 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:14 am

wow.. just wow

mjomble
Peasant Status

#6 Post by mjomble » Mon May 14, 2012 7:33 pm

The Kickstarter has been launched! http://www.tgakick.com/

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#7 Post by DrJones » Wed May 16, 2012 10:24 pm

It's going well, I wonder if they'll surpass the new Tex Murphy game that is also on kickstarter.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#8 Post by Brainiac » Fri May 18, 2012 3:27 am

Just like with the Kickstarter project for Leisure Suit Larry before this, the Two Guys' SpaceVenture will be getting a half-backing, half-charity event. This one will be splitting all donations with half going to the Kickstarter campaign and half to the Joyful Heart Foundation. Tune in to http://www.twitch.tv/JohnnyPhantom starting this Saturday at 8 AM Eastern Standard Time to watch a marathon of all the Space Quest games and perhaps donate as well.

Adam-X
Peasant Status

#9 Post by Adam-X » Fri May 18, 2012 8:42 pm

I am so excited that they're doing this via Kickstarter. This gives normal, every day people, to get some pretty cool things.

In regards to being sick of Kickstarter... to me, it gives these people to break away from what "The Corporation" deems the community wants - and allows them to make their own game (or book, or whatever, someone uses Kickstarter for). I think that's an amazing chance at - even every day people, like you and I, relying on the kindness of the people on the internet (a rare thing, indeed!) to fund our dreams or ideas, to make them a reality. That's pretty kick ass.

As for the SpaceVenture game specifically - the way I see it - at the minimum to get a copy of the game, it's 15 bucks. For a digital download. 15 bucks. For a game. That's an amazing price. No matter how you slice it. (You probably think, "Yeah, but 15 bucks for a game? How good could it be?" Well aside from it being Crowe and Murphy, which makes me think we're in good hands - but you can find awesome games for 15 bucks! A bit of side track, but I recently got LEGEND OF GRIMROCK for a mere 11 bucks and some change - and it's a great nod to the old school RPG, walk through the dungeon kind of game!)

I have already donated my 100 bucks to this specific one (and also backed the ones for Leisure Suit Larry and Jane Jensen)! I am hoping these two guys get the shot they deserve to entertain us! Remind us old folks, who those great games were like - and perhaps introduce new, younger people to that world of adventure games!

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#10 Post by Brainiac » Fri May 25, 2012 1:33 pm

The second prototype is out, folks. There's more art, more deaths, and more dialogue to enjoy. It's still Chrome-based, but rest assured the final product won't be browser-based (in fact, they haven't decided on the game engine yet).

Check out the Prototype 2 that's not published by Activision!

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#11 Post by DrJones » Fri May 25, 2012 2:22 pm

I installed it, then discovered the character is stuck and unable to move. All I can do with that prototype is to die an horrible death, which is frankly amusing, but I feel like I'm missing out a lot of jokes. :(

MusicallyInspired

#12 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sat May 26, 2012 2:54 pm

There isn't any pathfinding in the prototypes so you'll have to behave as if it's an SCI0 game and click where you want him to walk in a perfect straight line, otherwise he'll walk into walls and not move.

Blake00
Royal Servant Status

#13 Post by Blake00 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:32 am

6 days left and they haven't got near the target yet so it's a bit of a worry. Apparently the other projects had some big surgers of pledgers in the dying moments to get them over the line so I hope this one is the same!! Either way I couldn't sit back any longer and just signed up to kickstarter and became a backer too! :)

MusicallyInspired

#14 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:21 pm

4 days left and they only need another $121k! Just a few more dollars from everyone will amp things up nicely. Then there's the apparent hike of pledges that will happen in the last couple days. It might just make it! We can do this!

MusicallyInspired

#15 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:55 am

$33,168 left now! 35 hours!

The Gary Owens interview was fantastic, by the way. Great stuff. He's a very nice guy. Had some cool stories to share.

MusicallyInspired

#16 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Legit! For people who pledge at least $30 their names will be entered into a draw with a chance to win one of 3 vintage Sierra games! Even if you don't want them, these classics go for quite a pretty penny on eBay! Up your pledges! $25k and 26 hours to go!

http://guysfromandromeda.com/win-classi ... 30-chance/

MusicallyInspired

#17 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:27 pm

Quad posting, but anyway:

Two new tier levels!

PLEDGE $5 OR MORE - 5 Pack of HD Wallpapers made by Mark Crowe

PLEDGE $25 OR MORE - Printable PDF Foldout "ROOTER" designed by Mark + 10 HD Wallpapers + SpaceQuest.net forum Badge of Honor + Special Thanks mention on our website (will remain there for the life of the website)

http://tgakick.com

EDIT: GOAL MET! We did it! $503k raised and still climbing!

http://tgakick.com/