Quest For Glory 4 Makes 2012 PC Gamer UK Best 100 Games Ever

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Blake00
Royal Servant Status

Quest For Glory 4 Makes 2012 PC Gamer UK Best 100 Games Ever

#1 Post by Blake00 » Wed May 23, 2012 12:24 pm

I was just checking out my February edition of PC Gamer UK and got quite a surprise while reading their Best 100 Games Ever List. They have listed QFG4 at 72 in the list!

I know we can joke that it should be at the top lol but in all seriousness this is quite an achievement. Especially considering all their previous top 100’s normally never list QFG games and rarely list other Sierra titles! I’m guessing it’s because this time they worked alongside the US PC Gamer team to make the list and obviously there must have been a big QFG fan there who demanded it go in the list haha.

There’s some pretty bloody big games behind it in the list (Doom, C&C, GalCiv2, and Alpha Centari just to name a few) and editor gives a nice compliment to its hybrid RPG gameplay, dark world & sad love story. What a nice achievement to have in 2012 after all these years.

Other then the official magazine page here where you can buy an online copy, I can’t for the life of me find a web version of the list so here’s a scan of the page with QFG on it for my fellow fans! :)

Last edited by Blake00 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

Re: Quest For Glory 4 Makes 2012 PC Gamer UK Best 100 Games

#2 Post by Ghost_Rider » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:56 am

That's awesome. I know I'm digging up an older post by replying here... but I haven't been here in ages, so for a lot of these I'm seeing them for the first time today. :)

Blake00
Royal Servant Status

Re: Quest For Glory 4 Makes 2012 PC Gamer UK Best 100 Games

#3 Post by Blake00 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:59 am

Don't worry about it mate, this place is so quite now I doubt anyone cares about people digging up old stuff (as long as its not spam).

And funnily enough you just reminded me of another cool thing PC Gamer UK did a few months later after the above page. They went and did a friggin 2 page spread on Quest For Glory 4 in the Re-install section! Awesome as PC Gamer UK is one of the largest selling PC gaming magazines in the world so a lot of people would have seen this!

Here's a scan I made of it: