Some Questions

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

asmodian0011
Peasant Status

Some Questions

#1 Post by asmodian0011 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:36 pm

First of all thank you for refreshing one of my favourite games. I recently purchased the full collection on GOG and am starting the full replay. I am one of those gamers that does not like replaying the game with multiple classes and tries to create a hybrid class that will be able to experience most of the game in one go. (I have seen many posts discussing this and I realize many people feel its wrong for various seemingly valid reasons, yet as I am trying to maximize my own enjoyement I think I will stick with my approach). So anyway most of my questions are related to this:

1) When importing a hero from QFG1 can I change his class. The reason I ask this is I want to play thru QFG1 as a thief, to obtain all possible skills and port it to QFG 2 as a fighter (obviously retaning all the skills). If not I will need to play QFG1 as fighter.
2) Were there any class rather then skill based limitations introduced in QFG2. In the original as a fighter I could experience all the class quests, except I believe some minor mage game with asisa. By doing the thief stuff I couldnt become a paladin in the end, but that does not matter to me as there was actualy no paladin specific content in the game and I can pick it up in the later games, while stealing to my hearts content and paying beggers to keep my honor up.
3)Finally even thou as I said Paladin is not a huge deal. In searching the forums I read apost where Erpy says that committing dishonorable acts resets paladin points to 0. Was that a figure of speech or is that exactly how it works, i.e would I be able to rob house and shop in Shappeir before getting any paladin points and still get the necessary paladin points afterwards (Assuming I dont rob Khaaveen). Or does robbing a house mean that my points are set to 0 and I stop acquiring them?

adeyke

Re: Some Questions

#2 Post by adeyke » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:28 pm

asmodian0011 wrote:1) When importing a hero from QFG1 can I change his class. The reason I ask this is I want to play thru QFG1 as a thief, to obtain all possible skills and port it to QFG 2 as a fighter (obviously retaning all the skills). If not I will need to play QFG1 as fighter.
You can change your class on importing.
2) Were there any class rather then skill based limitations introduced in QFG2. In the original as a fighter I could experience all the class quests, except I believe some minor mage game with asisa. By doing the thief stuff I couldnt become a paladin in the end, but that does not matter to me as there was actualy no paladin specific content in the game and I can pick it up in the later games, while stealing to my hearts content and paying beggers to keep my honor up.
There are several things in the game that are restricted to a specific class rather than to any character with the relevant skill. For example, there's a mini-game available only to only those of the magic-user/wizard class.
3)Finally even thou as I said Paladin is not a huge deal. In searching the forums I read apost where Erpy says that committing dishonorable acts resets paladin points to 0. Was that a figure of speech or is that exactly how it works, i.e would I be able to rob house and shop in Shappeir before getting any paladin points and still get the necessary paladin points afterwards (Assuming I dont rob Khaaveen). Or does robbing a house mean that my points are set to 0 and I stop acquiring them?
If you perform certain dishonorable actions, you're completely and irrevocably disqualified from becoming a Paladin.

Markus Ramikin
Royal Servant Status

Re: Some Questions

#3 Post by Markus Ramikin » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:19 pm

Adeyke mostly got you, I'll just add some minor points:

You can also just start with the intended class, get what you can in QFG 1 and then complete your skillset on importing to the next. Every game in the QFG series gives you extra points when you import, which you can use for getting new skills until you have them all.

Regarding Paladin, if you miss it in QFG 2, and you're playing a fighter, it's reaaaaaaally hard to miss it at the end of QFG 3.

I also recommend the walkthroughs you can find on gamefaqs.