Challenge at arm wrestling

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

oversight1979
Royal Servant Status

Challenge at arm wrestling

#1 Post by oversight1979 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:30 am

Great Game. Nice how it doesn't let you challenge the guy at arm wrestling. Bring back the good old typing intertface instead of stupid point and click. Love the graphics, but HATE the stupid interface!

How do I challenge the guy?!

forbiddenwar
Peasant Status

Re: Challenge at arm wrestling

#2 Post by forbiddenwar » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:02 am

I too was frustrated by this. Luckily you can go to options select type interface for dialog and just type ask about bellows, tell about air elemental, etc to access the necessary dialog. To actually challenge him, you have to give him money.

H0neyBe4r
Peasant Status

#3 Post by H0neyBe4r » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:55 pm

Doesn´t work for me, not even with a new character, everybody ignores what I type in the parser. I cannot talk to Aziza, she always says "I believe I asked you a question" and throws me out after 2-3 communication attempts ("tea", "please", "yes"), and it is the same with the weapon smith. He reacts to bellows and arm wrestling, which are both available in the point and click menue, but not to "air elemental" or "challenge". When I give him money I only get the option to buy a dagger.

I downloaded version 2.0 a few days ago, any hints what I could try? A new installation? Does it matter that I imported a character from the GoG - version of QfG 1 (VGA)?

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#4 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:15 pm

There's a knowledge flag here. You need to ask Issur about arm wrestling first before he mentions challenging him. You can access the topic via the "Trophies>Arm Wrestling" branch on the dialogue tree, or just type "wrestling" or "arm wrestling" into his text parser.

After doing either of the above, click the mouth icon on the hero to bring up his Tell About dialogue tree. You should now see a "Challenge" topic on it.

Zachski
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Zachski » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:34 am

H0neyBe4r wrote:Doesn´t work for me, not even with a new character, everybody ignores what I type in the parser. I cannot talk to Aziza, she always says "I believe I asked you a question" and throws me out after 2-3 communication attempts ("tea", "please", "yes"), and it is the same with the weapon smith. He reacts to bellows and arm wrestling, which are both available in the point and click menue, but not to "air elemental" or "challenge". When I give him money I only get the option to buy a dagger.

I downloaded version 2.0 a few days ago, any hints what I could try? A new installation? Does it matter that I imported a character from the GoG - version of QfG 1 (VGA)?
You have to click the mouth on yourself to tell people things.