Thief Endgame - EGA vs. VGA

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

edenwaith
Royal Servant Status

Thief Endgame - EGA vs. VGA

#1 Post by edenwaith » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:55 pm

I completed the VGA remake with a thief, but noticed something during the endgame that I don't recall happening in the EGA version of the game.

When I'm trying to cross the rope, Khaveen appears, tries to cut the rope, and after that fails, tries to follow my character. I don't ever recall this happening in the EGA version. Am I correct in my assumption that this was something new added to the VGA version, or has it just been a long time since I've played the EGA version with a thief?

(Side note: when I had originally played QFG2 on a Tandy 1000HX, the computer was a little too slow and I could never get past the Harem room since the hero kept getting distracted and would get caught by the guards, so I never did manage to complete the game on that particular computer. Had to finish it years later with the thief on newer computers.)

Thepal
Knight Status

Re: Thief Endgame - EGA vs. VGA

#2 Post by Thepal » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:31 pm

It is definitely something new. I think they wanted to explain what happened to Khaveen if you were a thief. I love all the extra stuff that got put into the game.

edenwaith
Royal Servant Status

Re: Thief Endgame - EGA vs. VGA

#3 Post by edenwaith » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:47 am

Thepal wrote:It is definitely something new. I think they wanted to explain what happened to Khaveen if you were a thief. I love all the extra stuff that got put into the game.
Just another great touch the AGDI crew made to the game. I imagine if game companies could manage to keep tweaking and improving games, QFG2 could have come out like the AGDI version.