Lose Honor when you cast magic?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

bliznik
Peasant Status

Lose Honor when you cast magic?

#1 Post by bliznik » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:47 am

Hey all,
First, AWESOME game! Great job to everyone who contributed! Loved the Easter egg when you give Sheema too many flowers. =)

So I'm going through my first playthrough as a fighter, aiming to upgrade to a Paladin at the end of the game. So I noticed that my honor dipped, and restored to a previous game to figure out why. After a bit of trial and error, I found out that if I cast force bolt on an enemy, I lose 2 honor points! WTH? Why does casting force bolt at a Brigand who is about to kill me a dishonorable action?

My questions are as follows:
(1) Does this preclude me from upgrading to a Paladin at the end of the game?
(2) Is there any way to honorably cast force bolt on an enemy?

My second issue is that, while I've been able to battle and kill the Pizza Elemental, I haven't yet seen the graffiti that triggers Sir James. I've looked at all the graffiti on all the walls...I'm currently on Day 11. Is there something that I'm supposed to do in order to trigger the Sir James graffiti?

Bliz

bliznik
Peasant Status

Re: Lose Honor when you cast magic?

#2 Post by bliznik » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:17 pm

Hmm, it looks like I found an answer to both questions:

(1) Using ANY kind of ranged attack on an enemy lowers honor. This includes throwing daggers, rocks, flame darts or force bolts at the enemy
(2) I can only fight Sir James if I use the traditional map. Sir James doesn't appear on the simplified map.

Sucks, but it gives me an excuse to replay this wonderful remake!