Hagatha's Cave problem

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

PatC
Peasant Status

Hagatha's Cave problem

#1 Post by PatC » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:28 pm

For some reason, I can't seem to enter Hagatha's Cave. I've done everything I need to do up to this point. I try to enter the gemstone into the skull on the left, but it just tells me throwing that away may not be a good thing. Same with the mallot. It tells me I can't use it at this time. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a possibility that because I skipped pushing the shells and the arcade sequence earlier that I'm stuck and can't continue?

adeyke

Re: Hagatha's Cave problem

#2 Post by adeyke » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:07 pm

Skipping those things is fine; it won't cause any problems.

Do you have a reason to enter Hagatha's cave yet? If you haven't been to the antique shop yet, it might not let you proceed.

PatC
Peasant Status

#3 Post by PatC » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:02 am

Well, at least the skipping isn't thr problem. Although, I DID find out I won't be getting all the points, so if I DO make to the end, I'll know why I don't have them all. I've tried over a dozen times to hit the shells and run the arcade sequence, but I get caught everytime.

As for my main problem, yes, I HAVE been to the antique shop. Too bad there's nothing to skip here, because at this point, I'm stuck and can't play any further. At least I can go back and TRY to get through the Sharkee Realm, as I saved the game right after they locked up the Trident.

adeyke

#4 Post by adeyke » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:59 am

I'm trying to think back to what other problems might be causing this.

You are trying to use the blue gem you got from Neptune, right? Are you clicking the cursor's hotspot (the little blue diamond) on the skull?

PatC
Peasant Status

#5 Post by PatC » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:10 pm

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to use. The Gem appears in my Icon menu and when I try to click it on the skull, nothing happens. It just keeps telling me throwing that away may not be a good thing and I might need it. Which, I know of course I WILL need it later on. I CAN however turn the head of the skull that already has a gem in it and make the light beam up onto the bat, which I'm assuming that's what I must do with the one on the left, but it won't let me do it.

adeyke

#6 Post by adeyke » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:27 pm

Can you confirm that you are successfully clicking the hotspot of the gem cursor onto the skull? If I recall correctly, it's in one of the corners, not the center. I know that a lot of issues people would have is because of that.

PatC
Peasant Status

#7 Post by PatC » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:42 am

That was it. It was just to the left of it. I've now entered the cave. And, as I was waiting, I DID manage to go back and push the shells and get the Trident fast enough. But the arcade sequence is still tough to get by. I know skipping doesn't give you all the points, but with my saved game, I can always go back and keep trying it. Thanks!